Author Topic: General help setting up  (Read 10085 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: General help setting up
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »
hmmm.  there has got to be something in your movie collection that is tripping it up.  I would very much like to know what it is, so that I can make VC smart enough to handle it.

If you don't mind jumping through a few more hoops for me I'm sure we can figure it out.

hoop #1: set up xbmc so that it does not require a password on the web server.
hoop #2: open a web browser and paste the following into the address bar:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=queryvideodatabase(select%20strPath,strFilename,C00%20from%20movieview)

the only thing you would need to change is the :8080, if you are not using port 8080

then do a  "view page source" and post what you get.  mine looks like this:
Code: [Select]
<html>
<field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Alice in Wonderland (2010).mkv</field><field>Alice in Wonderland</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Angels & Demons (2009).mkv</field><field>Angels & Demons</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Blazing Saddles 1974.mkv</field><field>Blazing Saddles</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Braveheart (1995).mkv</field><field>Braveheart</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>City Island (2009).mkv</field><field>City Island</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Eddie Izzard Live From Wembley 2009.avi</field><field>Eddie Izzard: Live from Wembley</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009).mkv</field><field>Fantastic Mr. Fox</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986).mkv</field><field>Ferris Bueller's Day Off</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Frozen River (2008).mkv</field><field>Frozen River</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Greenberg 2010.mkv</field><field>Greenberg</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Home (2009).mkv</field><field>Home</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Hot Tub Time Machine (2010).mkv</field><field>Hot Tub Time Machine</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Inglourious Basterds (2009).mkv</field><field>Inglourious Basterds</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Iron Man 2 2010.mkv</field><field>Iron Man 2</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Iron man.mkv</field><field>Iron Man</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Its a wonderful life (1946).avi</field><field>It's a Wonderful Life</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Ive Loved You So Long (2008).mkv</field><field>I've Loved You So Long</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Mongol (2007).mkv</field><field>Mongol</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Monsters Vs Aliens (2009).mkv</field><field>Monsters vs. Aliens</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Reservoir Dogs.mkv</field><field>Reservoir Dogs</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Se7en 1995.mkv</field><field>Se7en</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Sherlock Holmes (2009).mkv</field><field>Sherlock Holmes</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Shutter Island 2010.mkv</field><field>Shutter Island</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Star Trek (2009).mkv</field><field>Star Trek</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Star Trek First Contact (1996).mkv</field><field>Star Trek: First Contact</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Street Kings (2008).mkv</field><field>Street Kings</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.mkv</field><field>Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>The Brothers Bloom (2008).mkv</field><field>The Brothers Bloom</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>The Cove (2009).avi</field><field>The Cove</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>The Joneses 2009.mkv</field><field>The Joneses</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>The Lovely Bones 2009.mkv</field><field>The Lovely Bones</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>The Time Travelers Wife (2009).mkv</field><field>The Time Traveler's Wife</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>the wolfman 2010.mkv</field><field>The Wolfman</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).mp4</field><field>To Kill a Mockingbird</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Up in the Air (2009).mkv</field><field>Up in the Air</field><field>D:\Movies\</field><field>Walk Hard The Dewey Cox Story (2007).mkv</field><field>Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story</field><field>D:\Movies\Avatar.720p.Bluray.AC3.x264-PrisM\</field><field>Avatar 2009.mkv</field><field>Avatar</field><field>D:\Movies\sita sings the blues\</field><field>Sita Sings the Blues.mp4</field><field>Sita Sings the Blues</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007).mkv</field><field>Before the Devil Knows You're Dead</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Monsters Inc.mkv</field><field>Monsters, Inc.</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Partly Cloudy (2009).mkv</field><field>Partly Cloudy</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Sleeping Beauty (1959).avi</field><field>Sleeping Beauty</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Tarzan (1999).avi</field><field>Tarzan</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>The Emperor's New Groove (2000).avi</field><field>The Emperor's New Groove</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>The Incredibles (2004).avi</field><field>The Incredibles</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mkv</field><field>The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Up (2009).mkv</field><field>Up</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Where the Wild Things Are (2009).mkv</field><field>Where the Wild Things Are</field><field>F:\video\Movies\You.Don't.Mess.with.the.Zohan\</field><field>You.Don't.Mess.with.the.Zohan.mkv</field><field>You Don't Mess With the Zohan</field><field>F:\video\Movies\</field><field>Monsters Vs Aliens (2009).mkv</field><field>Monsters vs. Aliens</field>
</html>

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »
No problem, glad of the help..

<html>
<field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Fanboys 2008\</field><field>Fanboys.mkv</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Get Him To The Greek 2010\</field><field>Get Him To The Greek.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\How To Train Your Dragon 2010\</field><field>How To Train your Dragon.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back 2001\</field><field>Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Prince Of Persia - The Sands Of Time 2010\</field><field>Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time.mp4</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Superman Batman-  Apocalypse 2010\</field><field>Superman Batman - Apocalypse.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Taken 2008\</field><field>Taken.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\The Karate Kid 2010\</field><field>The Karate Kid 2010.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\The Last Airbender 2010\</field><field>The Last Airbender.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\The Losers 2010\</field><field>The Losers.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\The Twilight Saga - Eclipse 2010\</field><field>The Twilight Saga - Eclipse.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Transformers 2 Revenge Of The Fallen 2009\</field><field>Transformers 2 Revenge Of The Fallen.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Iron Man 2 2010\</field><field>Iron Man 2.avi</field><field></field><field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Clash Of The Titans 2010\</field><field>Clash Of The Titans.avi</field><field></field></html>

not sure how you paste it in a snazzy box, sorry. :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
hey you are fast.  The box is from the buttons above the emoticons.  I used the one that looks like this

#

but it doesn't matter, let me take a look.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
ok, xbmc is returning your path and filename, but it looks like all your "Title" fields are blank.  Did you just get started using xbmc recently?

I think you need to scan your movies into the library and let it scrape your meta data etc.  When you go to videos in xbmc, you should be able to browse the "library" instead of just your files, and get video covers with descriptions etc. if you have already done all this, then I am very confused as to why xbmc is returning blank titles...

let me know.

btw here is the entry for the first movie, broken up and put into a pretty box:
Code: [Select]
<field>C:\Users\Emma\Videos\Movies\Fanboys 2008\</field>
<field>Fanboys.mkv</field>
<field></field>

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:14 PM »
All files were in library view and scraped to within an inch of their lives with pictures, cast etc (One of my favourite features in XBMC)

After your comment i checked the properties of one of my movie files and the Title box is empty which I would imagine is causing this error. I have done a bit of googling and i'm attempting to edit this information (although it's not as easy as an ID3 tag edit)

Will let you know how it goes.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »
All files were in library view and scraped to within an inch of their lives

Now I need to find more uproarious laughter emoticons...

That's weird though because XBMC was returning blank titles for all of your movies.  Maybe one blank caused a hiccup in XMBC and fixing the one will solve the problem... I am secretly pleased to see that this one is almost all on XBMC... although I will have to get VC to bypass the empty xml files in the future, with a warning of course...

unless this is a dharma beta 3 problem, but I'm sure Wanilton would have noticed by now...

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
Hey James,

I meant that I had only checked one and found an error. After another look they have all got this error. From my reading I may be able to fix it with WMP, if not I shall have to go trawling for a meta data editor somewhere.

Other than the movie problem Vox is working great! I've had adjust the confidence levels slightly but thats probably just my accent..

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
ah. that makes more sense.  Weird.  I had heard about XBMC having scraping errors, but I haven't had that problem myself.  keep me posted.  If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

I don't think WMP will help, because it should all be happening within xbmc's internal database.  I don't think movies get tagged the same way as music files.  If you are able to browse videos in library mode, with titles, covers, descriptions etc. then it should be working...  If you want to VNC I would be happy to take a look at your machine with you and try to figure it out.

As for you accent, if you have one, then I recommend doing a little windows Speech training session.  It can help a lot, and only takes about 5 minutes.  I happen to have a very "vanilla" north american accent, and although I have been told that I sound Canadian, the voice recognition engines don't seem to mind it, and I get good results without training it.  Even so, if I want to do open recognition where I can say anything, as for web searches or to do dictation, then training helps.

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »
I'll have a tinker with it first and see what I can come up with.
My accent isn't bad, just british :)
Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you posted.

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 06:45:55 AM »
I'm back!

So this is interesting. After tinkering around a bit I have managed to somehow stop vox from generating any xml, no worries i will reinstall both vc and xbmc. The interesting thing is that when attempting to gen xml they all return as 0 except the movies one which throws up an error-  "The 'li' start tag on line 2 does not match the end tag of 'html'. Line 2, Position 36"

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
My accent isn't bad, just british :)
there is no such thing as a "bad" accent, although there are some that I find "entertaining"  ;)

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
Update!

The issue is with the imdb scraper in xbmc not returning titles.

Thanks for all the help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »
is there a solution mentioned on the xbmc forums?

maybe you could delete your xbmc video database and re-scrape?

I don't have this problem with xbmc but I have not added any new movies recently

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »
Problem was that I had downloaded both Dharma and Camelot but without realising had installed Camelot (Doh!) which has issues with the imdb scraper - fix in xbmc forum. Dharma installed now and everything working a treat :)

Another quick question though, can vc connect to xbmc on the same machine without going through a network? I ask because it's proving so reliable that it would work nicely as an in-car system.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »
I think you just need a network card in the computer.  I don't think you need to actually be connected to a network.  In this case you could not have an ip address but it should work using 127.0.0.1

Someone else on the forum was using xbmc in a carputer, but they haven't posted recently.