Author Topic: Skin dependancy - Transparency! ?  (Read 4181 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Skin dependancy - Transparency! ?
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »
I know XBMC really favors and updates the Confluence skin, while there are some things I like about it, some of the standard views lack some things for me.  I have personally preferred since Dharma and maybe late Camelot, the Transparency! skin.  My question is some of the commands (i thnk Smartlists) for VoxCommando only for some skins (Confluence)?.  Sorry can't believe I just came across this app, now but have been on Linux and really making me want to swap to windows.  I read the bad reviews for Kinect which I was very hopeful for since I already have one.
Currently using a virtual box VM on my Mac that I always have round and just using the standard mic and its pretty dang good.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Skin dependancy - Transparency! ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Most of the built in commands should work equally well on any skin. Most of the people on this forum are using aeon mq3 or mq4 as far as I know. I am pretty sue that the smart playlists are not dependant on the skin you use.  Give it a shot with transparency! and if you have any problems we'll help you make the necessary adjustments.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
I already did.  When I did search for X movie, it would seem to get the command right but the list was empty. On my initial beta windows machine it came up or found it directly in the list.  That machine was a fresh reinstall of XBMC and thus was using Confluence as the default skin. Perhaps I have a setting in the skin set to something incompatible?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
I already did.  When I did search for X movie, it would seem to get the command right but the list was empty. On my initial beta windows machine it came up or found it directly in the list.  That machine was a fresh reinstall of XBMC and thus was using Confluence as the default skin. Perhaps I have a setting in the skin set to something incompatible?
Do you have already generate a xml for XBMC? You find it on VC mainpage -> "GenXML"
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
Are you running XBMC and VoxCommando on the same machine?  VC uses smart playlists by first creating a smart playlist xml file and then telling XBMC to go read that file.  If you are not running XBMC on the same machine, or for some reason XBMC is not allowed to access the VoxCommando folder, then you will need to make adjustments so that XBMC can open the file.

Here's a tutorial that explains how it works.  You don't normally need to watch this tutorial if you just want to use the standard setup, but it will help you understand what is happening better so you can adapt it to your setup.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »
Currently at the time. Trying to determine if I need to build a new windows machine.
I have been playing w/ VC on a HP media laptop and my main HTPC is a Acer Revo running XBMCbuntu.   For that machine I am using a Mac hosting a Win7VM with VC installed. I will check out video when I can, in training atm.  Hopefully i can still get to work w/ my setup, performance is actually pretty good.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 01:40:49 PM »
Hopefully i can still get to work w/ my setup, performance is actually pretty good.
It should be possible as long as XBMC has access to the VoxCommando folder, which may mean using network file sharing.  It may also be possible to get VC to copy the file to a location that XBMC has access to, but this would be a bit slower.

It could also be possible to write a plugin script for XBMC that could receive the required information and create the smart playlist from within XBMC.  But I don't have the time for this right now.  if you or someone you know can create xbmc scripts I will try to provide you with more information.  You can ask Clayton if he is interested in doing something like this.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
you guys are AWESOME.  The videos, the forums.  Great stuff.  So many forums and wikis and its hard to sift through all the good stuff, particulary on lenghty threads....in general not just here.  But I've just gotten so much stuff extra to work w/ XBMC lately I'm really excited.  Thanks james, via the great video, and cool testing feature I did manage to remotely get this to work.
I was not familiar with the SMART Playlist feature of XBMC and thought that was actually a VC exclusive thing. Cheers.

I had to do some settings and stuff and redo config on VM to get share to work, but then I managed to get my XBMCbuntu remote machine to work
For the sake of sharing.....
the SEND command is now
execbuiltin(activatewindow(myvideolibrary,smb://user:pass@servername/share/voxsmart.xsp,return))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:21:52 PM by vulcanjedi »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »
I realize you are probably doing it by accident but please don't lock topics