Author Topic: How to Browse Video Files?  (Read 4119 times)

ptchan5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
How to Browse Video Files?
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Trying to figure out if there is a parameter for XBMC to be able to 'Browse Video Files' or 'Activate window Video Files'. I like to browse by the native folder structure of my sources, since not all my content is categorized or structured to scrape correctly by XBMC. So instead of browsing by movie title, author, etc. I want to jump straight into the Videos Files list and navigate from there.

Any help appreciated.

-Peter

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
Re: How to Browse Video Files?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
Hi Peter
Welcome to the forum
Could you let us know what version of Xbmc and Voxcommando you are using ?
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:51:17 PM »
Hi Peter

Try this for Xbmc Eden and above. Just Copy and Paste into the Command Editor, if you don't already have it.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="309" name="Activate Window {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "{1}"</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>activate window</phrase>
  <payloadList> home, programs, pictures, filemanager, files, settings, music, video, videos, tv, pvr, pvrguideinfo, pvrrecordinginfo, pvrtimersetting, pvrgroupmanager, pvrchannelmanager, pvrguidesearch, pvrchannelscan, pvrupdateprogress, pvrosdchannels, pvrosdguide, pvrosd</payloadList>
</command>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:54:51 PM by xtermin8r »

ptchan5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:08 AM »
Thanks @xtermin8r.

Looks like I already had that command in my tree because I imported the XBMC commands that James wrote. I guess what I didn't realize is that when you use the "Activate Window Videos" command it basically goes into whatever view you were last in.

I was looking at a command that always went into the "Files" view of Videos.

If someone last viewed Videos and browsed to Music Videos per se, it would go back to that spot if you selected Videos again from the Home screen. I want to say "Browse Video Files" and have it always go the Videos -> Files view. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Peter

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:13:45 AM »
hi
If someone last viewed Videos and browsed to Music Videos per se, it would go back to that spot if you selected Videos again from the Home screen. I want to say "Browse Video Files" and have it always go the Videos -> Files view. Does that make sense?

totally makes sense, just wait a while till James wakes up., he may have a solution for you.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »
Hi Peter

Try this for Xbmc Eden and above. Just Copy and Paste into the Command Editor, if you don't already have it.

<command id="309" name="Activate Window {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "{1}"</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>activate window</phrase>
  <payloadList> home, programs, pictures, filemanager, files, settings, music, video, videos, tv, pvr, pvrguideinfo, pvrrecordinginfo, pvrtimersetting, pvrgroupmanager, pvrchannelmanager, pvrguidesearch, pvrchannelscan, pvrupdateprogress, pvrosdchannels, pvrosdguide, pvrosd</payloadList>
</command>

this command will only work with FRODO

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »
OK Peter.  I don't think you ever specified which version of XBMC you are using but I'll assume that it's Frodo, because Eden is "so last year"  :P

You can paste the following into your command tree and it will create a new group with 3 commands:

the first two commands should work for anyone, but the third one (just an example) will require you to edit the path.  On my system, movies are stored in d:\movies.  You could create several commands like this if you wanted to access files in a particular folder on your hard drive.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.  Also... welcome aboard!

<commandGroup open="True" name="XBMC Browse Files" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="473" name="Browse Video Files" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "videos", "parameters": [ "sources://video" ]</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Browse Video Files</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="500" name="Browse Music Files" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "music", "parameters": [ "sources://music" ]</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Browse Music Files</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="491" name="Browse Movie Files" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "videos", "parameters": [ "D:\\Movies" ]</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Browse Movie Files</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

ptchan5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »
Thanks James. I'll give it a try.

You are correct...I'm running Frodo.  :)

Btw, you were right. The Amulet remote is a great mic, but the IR learning portion totally sucks. I got it to learn once and then it wiped itself out after losing power for a day or so and then it never would learn again. Lucky thing XBMC uses standard MCE remotes.

Peter

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »
this command will only work with FRODO

my bad  :bonk

ptchan5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »
James, worked beautifully. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!