Author Topic: Recently added by TTS?  (Read 5496 times)

Adytum

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Recently added by TTS?
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
Would this be feasible?
For example "what's new" could make the TTS read the titles of recently added episodes or movies.
 Still pretty new to VC, but I imagine something involving regenerating the xbmc XML file and grabbing the recently added items for the TTS..  ???

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Recently added by TTS?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
I accept your challenge!

It should not be too difficult.  We don't need to use genXML but we will use similar calls to the ones used in genXML.  Let me play with it a bit.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »
try these for starters

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:30 PM »
Hey,

Question...So I changes the OSD to TTS.SpeakSync....How can I get it to Pause 2 or 3 seconds after every Result, so it want sound too jumbled up?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
on the action:

Results.MatchConcat   {CR}

Change the parameter {CR} which is inserting a carriage-return (new line) between each match.  Instead of {CR} use  , (comma) for a short pause or . (period) for a longer pause.

example:

Results.MatchConcat   .

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:14 AM »
Cool. For some reason the . (period) didn't work for me but the comma did.

Thanks for the help

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »
I am wondering, would the same be possible for MediaPortal, movies and TvSeries? It is a cool feature.

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
not without code changes.

Adytum

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
Thanks again, James, this is brilliant!

VC has completely changed my routine when I get home from work, I just walk in the living room and say "rock me, computer", it opens a custom spotify radio within xbmc and starts playing. Now I'll also be asking what's new!

Quick side question: Does windows speech recognition training affect VC even when the WSPR program is not running?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
Yes.  And vice versa.  That is, if you enable learn mode in VC it will affect WSR.

If you get around to it, maybe you can make some kind of guide for VC/XBMC/Spotify

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
I like this command.

I find having the OSD and the TTS for the results kinda cool.

Same here on that period instead of the carriage return, doesn't work.

What i did find though, is if you can bear the period showing up after each title, you can use the below and get a longer pause for the TTS and the Carriage return on the OSD.

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 06:04:32 AM »
Movies one seems to work fine but for TV I just get "0 0 0 0 0" as a response, I've looked at the line and can not see any thing wrong with it....

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »
Movies one seems to work fine but for TV I just get "0 0 0 0 0" as a response, I've looked at the line and can not see any thing wrong with it....

No idea what you are talking about.

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 10:41:10 PM »
It announces Movies correctly, but when enquiring about recent tv shows.  I get the response that the latest TV shows are simply "0, 0, 0, 0, 0"   I am using a shared centralized SQLdatabase.  This causes issues with 'Random' having to be changed to 'Rand'.  Maybe a similar issue with other commands...???

Hope I have explained myself better..

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
Ah, you are referring to one of the commands in a group of xml commands that was in an attachment that I posted several months ago.  Sorry, I didn't know what you were talking about until I went through the whole thread, then downloaded the attachment and looked at the actual commands.  It is sometimes hard to keep track of all the threads.  At first I thought you had just come up with your own command, but I thought it odd that you would announce that it didn't work without telling us what you tried to do.

Anyway, I tested the command that I posted earlier and it works fine so I guess it may have something to do with your database setup, if it is not the standard XBMC setup.  Not much I can do about it though.

Most likely you need to look at this line and adapt it to work with your setup:

queryvideodatabase(select strTitle ||", "|| c00 from episodeview order by idEpisode desc limit 5)

I don't even remember what the || is for... maybe your SQL setup doesn't like it.  I think the || is probably a way of concatenating the two columns together with a comma between them.  So for a quick test you can try to get just the episode name like this:
queryvideodatabase(select strTitle from episodeview order by idEpisode desc limit 5)

and if that works, then we can try to figure out how to do concatenation using whatever sql setup you have.

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »
Thanks James..  Hey at some point I'm going to have to PM you..  Maybe even a SKYPE. 

I'm currently working on a project that could utilize a lot of your base technologies, SQL and aspects of XBMC repackaged to create a new means of interactive entertainment.  This is part of my thesis but am also looking into long term commercial development.   

I am wanting to get some developers together, but am wanting to be a little discrete about it.  Any way I'm getting off subject..  Thanks I will give that a try...

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
Oh yes and that did work....  It now clearly tells me I have new episodes of Seinfeld. YAY :D