Author Topic: Voxcommando keeps pc awake  (Read 2983 times)

tytherman

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Voxcommando keeps pc awake
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »
Hi

have everything set up now and working pretty well (microphone limitation), the only problem is that my pc used to go to sleep when not in use and now with Voxcommando running it never sleeps.

any ideas?

thanks

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Voxcommando keeps pc awake
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
Hi

have everything set up now and working pretty well (microphone limitation), the only problem is that my pc used to go to sleep when not in use and now with Voxcommando running it never sleeps.

any ideas?

thanks
Hi tytherman, there are some commands for pc standby-modus in VoxCommando, se attach  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
Hi

any ideas?

thanks
Does your machine sleep properly when VC is in OFF (red) mode?  Any program that is actively doing stuff will usually keep your system awake.  I don't know if there is a way to bypass that.  I think it should sleep properly though if you turn VC off.

abrenoch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
Slightly unrelated, but I wanted to toss this out there...

Is there a command for VC that will simply 'wake' xbmc out of the screen saver?  Many times using VC, I am waking xbmc from a 'screen-off' state. Upon resuming the screensaver is still running (just the dimmed screen to be precise) but xbmc will still  accept commands and respond as expected, except the screen is still dimmed.  I remedy this by just toggling 'fullscreen' on and off, which fixes the issue at the time.

Basically I'm just wondering if there is a 'wake xbmc' command I could send automatically after initiating the "start listening" command?

Thanks, and not trying to hi-jack this thread!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »

Is there a command for VC that will simply 'wake' xbmc out of the screen saver?  Many times using VC, I am waking xbmc from a 'screen-off' state. Upon resuming the screensaver is still running (just the dimmed screen to be precise) but xbmc will still  accept commands and respond as expected, except the screen is still dimmed.  I remedy this by just toggling 'fullscreen' on and off, which fixes the issue at the time.

Basically I'm just wondering if there is a 'wake xbmc' command I could send automatically after initiating the "start listening" command?

I don't think there is any such command but any XBMC.Btn.KB command should undim the display as hitting a key on the keyboard would.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:55 AM »

Yes, you can automatically wake up XBMC from screen saver with the command "listen".
This can generated with "VC.On-Event"

In attach xml is a example, test it. (I'm not sure if the "mouse movement" to a absolute coordinate wake xbmc, but you can edit the event and use a send button)

Kalle

***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
you don't need to use an event.  you are already calling a command when you say listen.  you can just edit this command.

Using an event for this only makes sense if you want to do this every time VC went into green mode, regardless of how or why.  for example if you clicked the On button on the main VC window.

I think that mouse emulation would probably work, but only if he is running xbmc on the same computer as VC.  If you are going to use mouse emulation move relative might work better, and keyboard emulation should work too. (inputkeys)

I still think the best solution is XBMC.Btn.KB
This should work even if XBMC is running on another computer.  You may even be able to send a button that does nothing, and hopefull it will still "wake" xbmc.  Try it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:50:39 AM by jitterjames »