Author Topic: XBMC.Softmute not softmuting  (Read 7883 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XBMC.Softmute not softmuting
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
I guess I was right about fixing something with XBMC, I just thought that it was so long ago that it must have been before 0.892.

I'm glad it's working.  I guess I need to put the latest version on the main site.

Hopefully people are using it and will let me know if there are any bugs!

Pudd

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
Heh, I guess after a while all the versions just merge in to one!

I'm more than happy to try and break... I mean, test... VC, and if I do, I'll be sure to let you know!

neomaycry

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm using 0.936, and I can't get softmute to mute playback during a movie.  It does fine with music, but the volume is completely unaffected during video playback.  Even issuing a system-level mute doesn't stop the audio playback in a video.  I checked my desktop, and the volume control even has an "x" on it during playback, but there is still no change to the audio in the movie.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I read James' post about digital streams not being affected by the system volume or XBMC volume.  No big deal - I think I'm going to give up on the whole "muting" concept during video playback anyway .... because I've got my Harmony remote setup to listen when I push a button .... if I have to hit a button to get the system's attention, I might as well have just hit "STOP" or "FAST FWD" or whatever it I was trying to accomplish anyway and just forgo the voice control in that situation   :P.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:32:42 PM by neomaycry »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
Multichannel digital audio (DTS AC3 etc.) gets sent to your receiver at 100% and nothing can modify or add to it no matter what you do.  This is not specific to VoxCommando.  Your only options are to pause the video or to adjust the volume on your receiver.  Even if you can lower the volume you probably won't be able to hear TTS, if that is your reason for using softmute, because the pure digital stream won't allow TTS sounds to be added.

If you are using softmute to lower the volume for quieter speaking to VC then it should be ok.  Depending on your setup this may be possible from VoxCommando via eventGhost to lower your receiver volume. 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
Heh, I guess after a while all the versions just merge in to one!

I'm more than happy to try and break... I mean, test... VC, and if I do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Once a few people have reported success with 0.936 I will put it on the main site.  I just don't want to discover some glaring bug that I overlooked when first time users are using that version!  So far it seems like the bugs on this version are relatively minor. I think the only bug reported so far in the core program (i.e. not the mediaportal plugin) is the "start with Windows" bug.