Author Topic: smart playlists  (Read 2965 times)

maxtrash

• $upporter
    • View Profile
smart playlists
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
Hi

i've been playing around with voxcommando this weekend and it's a very fun and impressive tool (and Microsoft's engine I guess). For now I used a plantronics headset and it works quite well, even with loud music playing. I also tried the microphone that came with my Marantz receiver. It does work in silence. It sucks with noise, which is not too strange because it probably is an omnidirectional microphone. So I guess it's the worst possible microphone for an application like this :-)

anyway, I have a question. When I say "play hits by Lucie Silvas" I get an empty window.
The XBMC log tells me this:

17:47:23 T:4784 M:575262720   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Program Files\Vox 1\VoxSmart.xsp
17:47:23 T:4784 M:575262720   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(C:\Program Files\Vox 1\VoxSmart.xsp) failed
17:47:27 T:4784 M:571064320   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Program Files\Vox 1\VoxSmart.xsp
17:47:27 T:4784 M:571064320   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(C:\Program Files\Vox 1\VoxSmart.xsp) failed

I checked and the file VoxSmart.xsp does exist in the Vox-dir, it contains

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
    <name>Artist Hits</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="artist" operator="contains">Lucie Silvas</rule>
    <rule field="rating" operator="greaterthan">3</rule>
</smartplaylist>

I also rated two of her songs above 3. Can anyone explain what is going wrong?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: smart playlists
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
it looks to me like either you are running XBMC on a different machine, or for some reason (such as security settings) XBMC can't access the VoxCommando folder.  VC does not need to be in program files (in fact it is probably better if it is not) so try moving it to another folder where security settings would be slacker.

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
James,

I'm trying to follow your 'tutorial VoxCommando and XBMC smart playlists' on youtube, and when I came to the command tree part where I was supposed to open the xsp playlistfrom XBMC it stops for me.
The problem is that I cant open XSP files in VC, it will only open XML.
What do I do?
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
if you are using the default built-in configuration for XBMC there are some commands that use the smart playlists.  I suggest you take a look at those.

The tutorial was made with an older version of VC but it should still apply for the most part.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "supposed to open the xsp playlistfrom XBMC it stops for me"

I have some time today if you want to use TeamViewer I can give you a hand.  If so send me an email to my gmail account (I think you have it).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:52:26 PM by jitterjames »

Christian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »
Hi, have been away for some days, and red this today.

It would be great if you could log in with teamviewer.
Not sure i'm at the computer when you do it (time difference) but it is allways on and I can send you login info.
I don't have your gmail as far as I know, so please send it.

It will probably be in a few days, cause I need to reinstall my pc since it's beeing a dildo this days..

Thanks James

Best regards,
Chrstian
“Wherever beer is brewed, all is well-wherever beer is drunk, life is good.” — Czech proverb