Author Topic: Custom OSD for Confluence  (Read 3492 times)

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Custom OSD for Confluence
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »
Hi all,

Anyone put together a new custom osd for xbmc like you did with aeonmq2?  Before I reinvent the wheel, just thought I'd check.....

Cheers!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Custom OSD for Confluence
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:31 AM »
not that I know of but let me know if you need help.

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:30 AM »
Yikes - I could definitely use some help.  So, I can see in DialogKaiToast where the vox controls go, and I added in the Dialog bits into includes.xml (don't have includes_object.xml in confluence).  Stripped out the conditionals from DialogKaiToast, so I can see messages appear in XBMC.

But, I can't figure out how to make the font bigger - and I'm not seeing alternate phrases appear.

In the aen2 forum, the xml files included didn't have Dialogs_VoxCommandoLabel3, in the Includes_Object.xml, but its listed in Customization.xml.  Is that the part that needs to be included?
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=89.0

And one more quick question - what do you think of a possible feature of OSD display/ TTS when commands are not successful - not even alternates?

"Sam Bell: Are you OK with that?
GERTY: I'm here to keep you safe, Sam. I want to help you. ....but I didn't understand you."

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:19:38 AM »
It sounds like you are trying to modify the dialog from aeon.  That's probably more work than modifying the one that comes with Confluence, because in Aeon there is extra code to be able to switch it on an off that exists in other menus as well.

here's a start...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:55:09 AM »

And one more quick question - what do you think of a possible feature of OSD display/ TTS when commands are not successful - not even alternates?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I think the answer is no.  There are several stages of recognition, there is the guessed text that shows up in the text box of the main window while you are still speaking and it changes rapidly.  Sending this to XBMC would inundate it with multiple consecutive messages and the XBMC notification system is not responsive enough to handle this, plus it would probably be a nuisance.

If you are talking about showing commands that are recognized, but that fall below the minimum confidence level that you set in VC options, then, yes, this could probably be done.

I personally prefer to use VC's built in OSD popups and the status icon.  Using the one in XBMC kind of sucks IMO.  I run XBMC in a full-screen window, not "true full screen" and I have no problems whatsoever.  I'm not sure why anyone would run in true full screen because it seems to cause lots of problems.

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
Thanks for the headstart on confluence!  I was totally trying to use the aeon, and you're right - need to just go back to basics on confluence.  I'll take a whack at it later tonight.

Re the feature idea.  I see what you mean by the rapidly revising suggestions and sending a missed guess.  Would be an ugly mess for sure....