Author Topic: Speak/say selecteed movie name  (Read 40947 times)

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Speak/say selecteed movie name
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »

Do you know if there is a command to go directly to Cinema Experience?  Or do I have to first go to the "info" screen (i or ctrl-d) and then click the CE button?  Even if there isn't, it may still be possible to find a way to launch it directly.  I guess I should look on their forum since this has probably been asked already.

I must have misunderstood this line then, but nice to know I can let vox call it through the xbmc.execbuiltint command.
Did you start downloading video content yet for the CE addon from the links I posted ? :D
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
I was just proclaiming my ignorance at that point.  I was kind of hoping that you would tell me if there was a way... lol.  At that point I had just installed the addon and was playing with it for the first time.  But the 2 step macro should work fine.  There will probably be a flash of the info screen first, but no big deal.  In any case I guess we should wait for the updated version of CE before we worry about it too much because they may have changed this.

btw, Giftie has still not responded to my PM on xbmc forums.  I just checked my spam folder too and there is nothing there.

Maybe after the new version comes out, I'll post my code update to the CE forum and ask them to incorporate it.  Then you and Wanilton can chime in with a "me too" on the forum (whilst simultaneously telling them how fantastic VoxCommando is  :D)

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:56 PM »
I was just proclaiming my ignorance at that point.  I was kind of hoping that you would tell me if there was a way... lol.  At that point I had just installed the addon and was playing with it for the first time.  But the 2 step macro should work fine.  There will probably be a flash of the info screen first, but no big deal.  In any case I guess we should wait for the updated version of CE before we worry about it too much because they may have changed this.

btw, Giftie has still not responded to my PM on xbmc forums.  I just checked my spam folder too and there is nothing there.

Maybe after the new version comes out, I'll post my code update to the CE forum and ask them to incorporate it.  Then you and Wanilton can chime in with a "me too" on the forum (whilst simultaneously telling them how fantastic VoxCommando is  :D)

Haha sure no problem ;)

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
Como falamos por aqui, pagando bem, mal não tem...

Tirando a piada, claro que daremos os devidos elogios ao vox.

translate

As we speak here, paying good, no problem....
Taking the joke, of course we give all good references for the voxcommando software.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:05:23 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »
Hey this is an English board!  ;)

I just figured it would be more likely to get done if other users backed me up, and at the same time (seriously) a chance to expose some new xbmc users to VC.  Many XBMC users have still not noticed VC!  I suspect that there are many that will want it when they see it, but I don't like to go posting in other forums without good reason, because people will get mad at me!

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Relax, the voxcommando is excellent, and you know you'll do whatever it takes to help others become aware and can also use your program. Sorry for the post in Portuguese ... it was just a joke. And honestly I do not see a problem as you disclose the same in other forums like XBMC Forum.
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
I was just kidding around too.  I don't mind if you post in Portuguese.  You know that!  :D

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »
Hey this is an English board!  ;)

I just figured it would be more likely to get done if other users backed me up, and at the same time (seriously) a chance to expose some new xbmc users to VC.  Many XBMC users have still not noticed VC!  I suspect that there are many that will want it when they see it, but I don't like to go posting in other forums without good reason, because people will get mad at me!

^^ i'll support you on the xbmc for sure, just post here or PM me with the link on the xbmc forum when you do.
From a marketing point of view, I think (and I know you're busy doing that) you need to know 2-3 good microphones that work well with VC.
1 open air, one headset and Amulet :D and then you can package that, not that you're gonna sell mics but what good is Voice software if there is no good microphone at a normal cost for people to use it in imo 3 important scenario's

1. Open air as mentioned before, enter a room and command
2. Personal, descrete use like with a headset
3. where you are in your sofa watching XBMC and want to just say stuff, but everyone has gone to bed and you don't want to talk much, aka the amulet remote

If you could somehow pre-researched this and just say here is VOX and ooh btw these are well tested mics for a reasonable price that work nicely with vox then people might not see this as a startrek gadget but as an actual all-round out of the box solution, granted they still have to buy a mic but you would have helped them search for one then already in a way.  Maybe it's just me but in general consumers are LAZY, they want to buy stuff that works and not buy 50% and have to search themselves for the other 50 if you catch my drift.

Dunno if I explained what I wanted to tell you right, but I hope you catch the idea and by no means should you takes this any other way as my personal opinion.

PS : tend to go offtopic and still it feels on topic, meh :p

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »
99% of this forum is off topic.  what can you do?

I'll consider your advice.  I think that the spirit of what you are saying is spot on.  I will see how I can incorporate that into my master plan!

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
Eehhhhhxcelent  >:D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »
I don't know what happened with that new version of cinema experience that was supposed to be coming out, but the mod for the current one is as follows:

The file ...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\xbmcscript_player.py

can be modified as follows:

line 173 is currently:

Code: [Select]
movie_title = self.playlist[ 0 ].getdescription()
we just need to add directly after this new line:

Code: [Select]
xbmc.executehttpapi( "Broadcast(<b>CElaunch<li>"+ movie_title +"</b>;33000)" )
Then as of version 0.874 (coming soon  :)) we will get an event containing the movie name, which we can use to announce the movie using TTS or whatever.

Also, we can run cinema experience directly from the movie browsing screen (no need to open the info window) with this VC action:

XBMC.ExecBuiltin         RunScript(script.cinema.experience)

Actually you can probably run it from anywhere, but if you aren't on the movie browsing screen it won't know what movie to play, so it will probably just play the intro stuff and then stop.  It doesn't make much sense, but you can use it with TV shows too if you want.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:22:14 PM by jitterjames »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 04:38:25 AM »
James,

Thanks for this, here is the file xbmcscript_player.py already patched properly as instructed by the James, just overwrite the current file in
...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\xbmcscript_player.py.

Now waiting for the new version 0, 874. for us to use this feature more.

PS: I tested here with version 0.873, with the attached files and crash in ADDON, not running the script. In movie browsing if I remove the line, it passes/focus to the first movie to the right of selection and runs the script normally, I think we need something else version 0.874 maybe., or did not understand how James came to work properly. I believe that the error is being caused by the lack of the name of the movie, I'm not going to the script.

image above skin aeonMQ 2 version 2.7.0 (the official release date for new version 2.7.0 - 02/20/2011)

Sunday 20/02

Which was announced a new version of the script, but so far not released yet.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:29:20 AM by jitterjames »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 06:47:37 AM »
Nice work James, I'll set it up like that as soon as you release the vox version that works with this.

Wanilton, Thats AWESOME news, I've been using this skin for quite some time now and I love it ... it's funny that someone so close to the skin dev is on this forum also  ::) Are the "Blueray, DVD, HD, etc ... DVD-cases" also standard in the new version of MQ2 or is it another addon ?

Keep up the good work, both of you ^^

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
Auri

New cases are standart in new version...

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 09:35:05 AM »
getting back on topic...  :P

Wanilton, your modification to the cinema experience python script was correct, except for one mistake.  Python is very sensitive to indentation.  You used 3 tabs, but in fact you needed to use 12 spaces!

I modified your post and replaced the attachment  xbmcscript_player.py with the corrected version

people can now download from your post and it should work. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:37:31 AM by jitterjames »