Author Topic: Speak/say selecteed movie name  (Read 40707 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Speak/say selecteed movie name
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »
probably will be part of the release after next.: 0.874

not it's not the JSON.  the JSON is still a request based interface (tcp) that works essentially the same way as the http interface in terms of functionality.  Also, I have yet to discover anything that it can do that the http interface cannot (actually it does less), but over time it will get to a point where I want / need to switch to it.  That time is not now, since the JSON seems to be going through a lot of growing pains still and it will be a fair amount of work to switch over.  So I wait... tapping my fingertips together a la Burns.

I'm talking about a udp broadcast that you can subscribe to that XBMC then sends out on its own without being poked.  The actual work involved in getting that going shouldn't be too bad.  The basic event framework is in place  and working in the current VC version 0.872.  Which is to say, it is set up to act on events, I just need to add new event generation and the XBMC events are just part of that.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
probably will be part of the release after next.: 0.874

not it's not the JSON.  the JSON is still a request based interface (tcp) that works essentially the same way as the http interface in terms of functionality.  Also, I have yet to discover anything that it can do that the http interface cannot (actually it does less), but over time it will get to a point where I want / need to switch to it.  That time is not now, since the JSON seems to be going through a lot of growing pains still and it will be a fair amount of work to switch over.  So I wait... tapping my fingertips together a la Burns.

I'm talking about a udp broadcast that you can subscribe to that XBMC then sends out on its own without being poked.  The actual work involved in getting that going shouldn't be too bad.  The basic event framework is in place  and working in the current VC version 0.872.  Which is to say, it is set up to act on events, I just need to add new event generation and the XBMC events are just part of that.

I see.  You lost me abit in the last paragraph though.  Did I understand correctly that the UDP broadcasts are already in place from XBMC's end but that vox is not yet ready to use them ? or is it still in development at XBMC ? (confused  ??? )
Challenge us at your own peril!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
xbmc already sends this info.  I was suggesting that the cinema plugin could possibly use the existing function and send info the same way.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 06:06:05 AM »
Hey James,

I got a message back from "Giftie" one of the coders of the Addon "Cinema Experience".
I explained the situation to him and like you he is VERY OPEN to new features and willing to fill in specific requests like I have with the "movie name" therefor he asked if you could PM him on the XMBC forums so that you can talk coder to coder to see what is needed from both your ends to make this work.

His qoute (nickname = Giftie ) from XBMC forum PM :

"The script uses internal XBMC commands for queuing of movies.
If jitterjames could message me, maybe we can work out what he would need the script to do to make it work.. "

I feel priviledged you both would make time to accomodate such a small request from someone who uses your programs. So thank you in advance already for the trouble.

Would you be so kind as to PM him and see what the Cinema Experience script can do to make Vox tell me the MOVIE NAME as soon as I press the "Cinema" button that launches the Cinema script in XBMC ?

Best regards
Auri

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »
I sent a message to Giftie and am waiting for a response.  I finally got Cinema Experience installed and working and it's pretty cool!  Now I'm looking for some cheasy old pre-movie clips from the 50s-70s, do you have any good sources for me?

I also love the random trailer concept.  The only problem with that is that I'm seeing stuff that is just coming out and I am not in the habit of going to theatres!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Here's an example of what I'm looking for...

&NR=1

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »
HAHA I got exactly that clip from the simpsons and hundreds more.

When I'm home from work I'll post some links with tons of this stuff, you're gonna have a field day as there is tons of this kind or reto stuff on the net.

Most of the sources I found on the XBMC forums, but i'll share then once I'm home.

I'll be home late tonight though as I have icehockey practice till roughly 22:00

Laters

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Cool, I look forward to it.  I started grabbing a few key  coming attractions intros off of youtube, but it would be great to get some packs.  It's funny that this should come up now, because I finally got around to watching "Grindhouse" just a couple weeks ago.

I'm thinking it would also be great if you could flag trailers as you are watching them so that you can add them to a list of things to look out for when they are released on Bluray.  I will probably suggest such a feature to the folks at CE if it doesn't already exist, but it should also be possible to do in VC within the next few versions.  I am planning on creating some file writing functions to be able to create xml lists, and since the what is now playing command actually returns the name of the movie when watching a trailer this would allow us to create a voiice command "add this trailer to favourites".

Do you know if there is a command to go directly to Cinema Experience?  Or do I have to first go to the "info" screen (i or ctrl-d) and then click the CE button?  Even if there isn't, it may still be possible to find a way to launch it directly.  I guess I should look on their forum since this has probably been asked already.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »
Dang it.  Now i"m going to be singing "Markos is a cute Doggy" all day in my head.

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
Cool, I look forward to it.  I started grabbing a few key  coming attractions intros off of youtube, but it would be great to get some packs.  It's funny that this should come up now, because I finally got around to watching "Grindhouse" just a couple weeks ago.

I'm thinking it would also be great if you could flag trailers as you are watching them so that you can add them to a list of things to look out for when they are released on Bluray.  I will probably suggest such a feature to the folks at CE if it doesn't already exist, but it should also be possible to do in VC within the next few versions.  I am planning on creating some file writing functions to be able to create xml lists, and since the what is now playing command actually returns the name of the movie when watching a trailer this would allow us to create a voiice command "add this trailer to favourites".

Do you know if there is a command to go directly to Cinema Experience?  Or do I have to first go to the "info" screen (i or ctrl-d) and then click the CE button?  Even if there isn't, it may still be possible to find a way to launch it directly.  I guess I should look on their forum since this has probably been asked already.

As far as I know, there is no direct way to call the addon. (would be nice though, perhaps something you could ask Giftie of Cinema Experience ?)

What I have done is I mapped the ctrl+d key away from the info screen in the mappings xml of XBMC I then mapped it to the Cinema addon and I then made a command in Vox when I say "Play Cinema" vox will execute sendkeys ^d.  In XBMC I would go : Find movie avatar -> Show info -> Play Cinema.

About the trailers to favorites would be nice and a good idea of you to make some kind of bluray whishlist for future use based on that, and adding to that I'm sure there is some website or opensource app that will check bluray releases/dates and you might be able to match it/sync it every X time and let vox tell you bluray X has been released based on your favorites XML ... just thinking ahead and out loud already but they are nice ideas.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
Hey! I figured out how to modify the CE addon to send VC the info that is needed.  8) I still need to work on the events in VC though and you'll need to upgrade to the latest version of VoxCommando 0.873 once I release it.  (one strategically placed line of code! haha)

I will try to get the modification added to the official release of the CE addon, but if not I'll send you the file to replace.  The problem with this approach is that every time they release a new version we would need to re-patch it.

In the process of looking at the addon code I am getting a bit more familiar with xbmc scripting so hopefully something else good will eventually come from this. ;D

Auri

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
Nice to hear that, and isn't that to point ? To have fun and keep leearning ?

Kudos to you james.

On the topic of having fun : I'm still at work and one of our exchange servers don't want to reboot MEH :(

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
News from ADD ON Cinema Experience...

"The next version of the script Cinema Experience will be out later this week. The biggest change is that it allows Multiple Features, with Intermission Videos and Audio Format Videos(that match the next movie). It's also more or less a single button press to select the movie and can be run from the Home Window. This feature will make the script feel truly as a part of XBMC.

Right now I am the only one able to enjoy this script this way as the skin needs to be slightly modified to add a button. But it can be run directly from the Addons list as well."

www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »
Always braggin Wanilton!  ;)

if you run it from the home window, how does it know what movie to play?

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
Good question, i don´t know....
 ???

Yesterday while talking with Marcos, that was our question, the news was given by the developers of the script, I have no details of how it works.

The new version skin AEONMQ 2.6.1 almost done, and comes with many features, wait...
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me