Author Topic: XBMC on a remote pc from Vox  (Read 2438 times)

m0v1em4n

• View Profile
    • My home Cinema
XBMC on a remote pc from Vox
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
Hi guys,

just a few question, I would like to install VoxCommando on my home server that is always on, but I would like to control my portable install of XBMC that is on a remote HTPC which is only on when needed, is this going to be possible?
Also I would like to link my portable XBMC install to a start command, The other day when I tried Vox and asked it to start XBMC it loaded a completely different install of XBMC, could this be because the XBMC install I want to use is not installed in the usual place?

Great program

Thanks 

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XBMC on a remote pc from Vox
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
What do you mean by "home server"?  What OS is it running?  You need Windows Vista, 7 or 8 to run VC.

You can control XBMC on a different system from the one that VC is running on.  So provided that your server runs an OS which supports VC you can do it.

You can launch any program from VC if you know the path to the file.  Edit the command for launching XBMC and change the path to the path of your portable install XBMC.exe.

You can only launch a program on the same machine that VC is running on.

m0v1em4n

• View Profile
    • My home Cinema
Re: XBMC on a remote pc from Vox
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:58:56 PM »
Thanks James,

Yes it's just a media server running windows 7, I have  Homeseer running on it as well, but my XBMC is running on a HTPC