Author Topic: Unwatched epidsodes of pokemon not working  (Read 2920 times)

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Unwatched epidsodes of pokemon not working
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »
Hi all,

Bizarre issue.

I regularly use "show unwatched episodes of..." 

Neesha watches a lot of Pokemon (because she's a doofus) and she used to be able to use this command but it randomly stopped working but only for this show!?!

I'm guessing it must be related to the little tilda above the 'e' in Pokemon, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I tried re-scanning it, deleting and re-adding it, and cleaning the library.  Nothing seems to fix it.  Each time I say the command XBMC returns a blank list as if the search hasn't matched any criteria.  Vox has no errors.

Pokemon does exist in TV shows, and I can even use the command "find TV show Pokemon" and it works fine, just not "unwatched episodes of Pokemon".  These two commands use the same xbmcTvShowTitles.xml so I don't understand what is wrong. 

Probably a million miles off base but could it be the unwatchedepisode.xsp file somehow?  I don't know how else to narrow down the issue.

Any help will result in promises of beers that I will likely never have the opportunity to fulfill ;)

-P
Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Unwatched epidsodes of pokemon not working
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Well, how can I resist!

The Find TV Show command uses the show ID, whereas the unwatched episodes of uses the actual name of the show.

That would explain why the one works when the other doesn't.  You are probably right about a funny character throwing it off, but without seeing all your stuff it is hard to know where it is breaking down exactly.

...and just a crazy thought, but I don't supposed all the episodes are either watched, or erroneously marked as watched for some reason?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »
I was going to take a look at modifying the smart playlist to use the tvshowID but unfortunately XBMC does not allow that in a smart playlist.

Foiled again!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 06:17:21 PM »
you can try this in case it really is the e accent causing the problem.

browse tv shows, highlight the pokemon cover and hit c on your keyboard to bring up the context menu, and select "edit title" then change the e to a normal non-accented version.

I *think* XBMC will accept this and allow you to add new episodes of the show without too much trouble, but I can't promise.

I am a bit surprised though that the e is not working with the accent.  It doesn't bode well for our french users!

MrWolf

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »
I owe you a pint ;)  Poor French folks are going to suffer I'm afraid as that nailed it!

Not tried to add any new Pokemon yet, so don't know if it will cause an issue at that point but I will only add more once in a blue moon as she has a mountain of it get through, and I'm not even sure they're still making it.

Thanks as always mon frere.

-P
Home automation guides for idiots like me by an idiot (me)...
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfsweb