Author Topic: Problems with too few phrases in the database?  (Read 997 times)

Telorast

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Problems with too few phrases in the database?
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:07:14 AM »
I noticed that I get far fewer false positives when I have a bunch of phrases that aren't tied to an action in the database. It seems like the grammar database can be too small, making it match almost anything you say to a command.

Is anyone else having the same experience?

I wonder if it might be a good idea to keep a minimum set of phrases in the grammar database and when they are detected Vox Commando can just ignore them. Not sure how it works now so the solution might be something completely different.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Problems with too few phrases in the database?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
I think the simplest solution is: make sure you have a reasonable number of commands that actually do something.  I'm not sure why you would want to have only a handful of commands...

Another possible solution is to use prefix mode all the time.

If you want to have commands that do nothing that is up to you.  You can create these commands if you want.  I don't see how this is a feature request though.

Most likely I am not quite understanding you on this one...

Telorast

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with too few phrases in the database?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
Well, I don't understand how it works well enough to know what feature to ask for...

I guess the request is that someone who knows how it works, check the effects on the voice recognition engine when you have a very small command database.

The reason I want to have few commands is because I always play music and that causes some problems with voice recognition. I'm already using prefix mode all the time, it's just annoyingly often random noise is interpreted as words with 90%+ confidence, including my prefix. I rarely reach that high when I actually say the same words...