Author Topic: Minimize to system tray on close  (Read 3874 times)

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Minimize to system tray on close
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:12:24 AM »
Hi James!

I know that this feature request sounds a little bit stupid, but sometimes I really miss it when I accidentally close VC  :bonk I would also love this feature cause I prefer to have my taskbar as clean as possible and have my background programs in the notification area (just like EG does).

In which level of stupidity will you place this request?  ;D ;D ;D Nah, seriously, do you find it useful? How difficult is to implement it?

Many thanks again for your work and best regards,

Aitor

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Minimize to system tray on close
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:13:56 AM »
Hi James!

I know that this feature request sounds a little bit stupid, but sometimes I really miss it when I accidentally close VC  :bonk I would also love this feature cause I prefer to have my taskbar as clean as possible and have my background programs in the notification area (just like EG does).

In which level of stupidity will you place this request?  ;D ;D ;D Nah, seriously, do you find it useful? How difficult is to implement it?

Many thanks again for your work and best regards,

Aitor
Hi Aitor, I'm not sure, but there is a command in VC. Take a look in command builder "Window minimize" - you can use it with VC.off event. If Vc goes in off mode it will be automatically minimized ( I hope - I will test at evening if you have it not solved)

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#Minimize

Kalle
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:17:44 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
Thanks Aitor.  It's not a stupid request.  It should not be too hard.  The hardest part is adding this item to the options menu.  I personally hate programs that don't close when you try to close them.  Skype and Spotify are like this and it irritates me to no end having to go in the file menu to close them, so it would absolutely need to be optional.

Currently, if you want to minimize to the notification area (and have it removed from the task bar) you just need to left-click the VC icon in the notification area.  Click again to bring it back.  Is that enough?  I could actually add a VC.Hide and VC.Show commands that would let you automate it.  This would actually be much easier than creating the option menu item.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »
I managed to sneak this into today's release...

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=797.0

bodiroga

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:35:21 PM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando