Author Topic: two feature suggestions  (Read 2876 times)

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
two feature suggestions
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
Two or three :-) additional features I would like to see in future Versions of Voxcommando, since I missed those functions during my use of VoxCommando.

1)  The possibilty to execute a Command from within another command for example Voxcomm.execute and the Command as Parameter.

2)  I am using the Voxcom mostly with an idle timeout, so I would like to see the possibilty to automatically execute commands exactly at the time VoxCommando returns to the idle status. I would use it to disable groups I´d rather like to see disabled (working like a reset function) when beginning a voice interaction.
I  think of a Scenario so that only certain commands or command groups are active at the beginning of a dialogue,then during the dialogue certain groups are enabled to get access to the embedded commands and after execution finishes, the state of the chosen groups is reset with those new "return to idle commands".

3) also it seems that the idle timer does not extend further while executing commands, it should do so since you are obviously not "idle" while executing Commands in Voxcommando.

so thats it !!
I am really impressed by this excellent application and I really like it  ! Please keep up the great work.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: two feature suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Thanks Kromm, excellent suggestions.

1 - this is a great idea, and I would also like to have commands that can be executed when VC first loads.  Most likely I will use a function that works the same way as the program tellvoxcommando.exe.

In other words, you would not ask it to execute a particular command from the tree, you would enter text as though you were speaking, and then vox would process this as though you had said it.  This will be a lot easier for me to implement, and it has the advantage of allowing you to use payloads as well.

2 - I could do this in a way similar to (1) above

3 - It worked this way in an earlier version. I must have broken it during the change to the new command structure.  I will investigate, and try to fix it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
as promised, version 0.801 is released:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=76.msg397#msg397

it addresses your comments #1 and #3 (not #2 yet).

also added a command to play a wav file.

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »
Great work ..thx. I am already playing around with those new features :-)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
added your command on timeout to version 0.83

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.0

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
I've got a suggestion as well, not sure if it's been suggested already but here goes:

I use the prefix mode (word computer) and to get my mediamonkey to start playing i have to say: Computer mediamonkey play
If i want Xbmc to play i have to say Computer xbox play.

I suggest another prefix mode that allows more then one prefix and that a specific prefix only works for one (or more) speciific tree in the command tree.
For example

I say 'Mediamonkey' as a prefix and voxcommando only listends to commands that are in the mediamonkey tree

Keep up the good work!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
I'm going to have to think about this one... I see what you are getting at but an elegent solution that is relatively easy to implement and that won't overly confuse users is not coming to me yet.  But it is a good suggestion.

It doesn't solve your particular problem but just a note, you can use multiple prefixes by using a comma.

In the mean time, you could theoretically run two versions of VC one for each program, and each using its own prefix, if you intend to keep them in standby all the time... but I imagine this could get confusing.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »
How about a function that puts your pc monitor/external tv in standby mode and is able to switch it on again? I'm a guy that keeps his screen off whenever i dont need it to be on (for the environment etc). Nowadays i combine VC with a program for my smartphone to control my pc from a distance when in my couch or whatever. The only manual thing i need to do is getting out of the couch to turn my screen on (for surfing or whatever, and the pc is aready on for listening to songs). And maybe even an option for shutting down windows or putting it on sleep mode.

Grtz, painy

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
sure. I'll look into it.

I know all of this can already be done with eventGhost, but I don't mind making a command to do it directly in VC if it is not too difficult.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »
Greatly appreciated :D

With the mediamonkey version i no longer have eventghost running in the background.
The more autonomous VC becomes, the better imo :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »
Yes. I agree, up to a point.

I have figured out the monitor sleep and will include it in the next version. I haven't tried to sleep the computer yet

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
OK, I will be adding monitor standby, monitor off, monitor on, system sleep and system hibernate commands.

I'm not sure what monitor standby does (doesn't work on my laptop) but monitor off seems to work.  I don't have access to a desktop right now.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »
Love it, thanks :D

Standby mode doesn't seem to be doing much on my desktop and laptop either.
I had to change 'monitor' to 'screen' though, for some reason VC doesn't understand me most of the time when i say to word 'monitor'
Don't have that with any other word. pretty strange but nothing important

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
well, whatever works.  I am surprised that 'monitor' doesn't work well for you, but I guess I would have to hear how you say it.