Author Topic: Play wav file command  (Read 1642 times)

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Play wav file command
« on: September 16, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »
I would like to see a command directly implemented into VoxCommando to play any chosen wav file. So that you can for example enable a grp via a command and then play a wav file to indicate the execution of the chosen command. I know it can be done via launching a programm and playing a wav file, but since it is already included in the app somehow since the listen,standby and off Status can be indicated by wav files I think a native functionality could be implemented quite easily.
Another advantage of this function would be the possibilty to record Wavs with better tts engines (since the integrated one in Win.. is not state of the art and only usable for english)  and then use them for your chosen commands for confirmation purposes etc. , or if i simply dont want to use the TTS function.
In fact I did exactly this with a very similar Application called Voiceflux (the only one with similar features I found)  which sadly only works under WinXP and development apparently stopped.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Play wav file command
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »
Absolutely.  This will be included in the next version.  It was on my list of things to do, but kind of got pushed to the back at some point.  It should be easy enough, as you say.

Just for your information, you should be able to use any other TTS engine that is installed on your OS by selecting it in options on the general tab.  There is a pull down at the bottom right.

Currently however, there is no way to change engines "on the fly".

If you don't see this in your options you may be using an older version.

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Play wav file command
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »
yeah i saw that option alas many engines especially very good ones (at least for german tts output such as the linguatec tts stuff ) donĀ“t integrate themself (yet) into the OS like microsoft sam and similar sapi?? based tts engines.