Author Topic: VC Auto Ignore Me?  (Read 1927 times)

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
VC Auto Ignore Me?
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »
A suggestion for a new feature................

I'm playing with VC while the TV is on- I'm using EG and a USB UIRT to voice control channel selection. Because of background noise, I occasionally pick up some noise and VC/EG acts on it- sometimes changing the channel or turning the satellite components off! (It could also be me muttering something but I'd never admit it to my bride sitting beside me!).

Would it be a good idea to perhaps have a "timer" on VC such that after x seconds, VC goes into a Standby state automatically? A value could be added to the Options tab where the user could indicate the timer duration or select "Never" to defeat the auto Standby. This way, during periods of inactivity, there would be no accidental confidence issues.

Good/bad idea?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VC Auto Ignore Me?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
good idea.  that is why it is already a feature  :D

Look on "General" tab of options for "idle timeout (sec)" (near bottom left)

It is set to 0 by default, which means "never".  If you want it to enter standby after 10 seconds enter the number 10 into the field.

DHHJ

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
Thanks ! :bonk

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
A suggestion for a new feature................

I'm playing with VC while the TV is on- I'm using EG and a USB UIRT to voice control channel selection. Because of background noise, I occasionally pick up some noise and VC/EG acts on it- sometimes changing the channel or turning the satellite components off! (It could also be me muttering something but I'd never admit it to my bride sitting beside me!).

Would it be a good idea to perhaps have a "timer" on VC such that after x seconds, VC goes into a Standby state automatically? A value could be added to the Options tab where the user could indicate the timer duration or select "Never" to defeat the auto Standby. This way, during periods of inactivity, there would be no accidental confidence issues.

Good/bad idea?

Hi DHHJ,

i want use my HD-receiver with EG and VC (only TV-Channel changing), can you tell me how does it work? I am a newbie with EG. I have a noname USB-UIRT.

Greetings Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi Kalle,

This should get you started with EventGhost:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=356.0