Author Topic: Toggle acknowledgment sounds  (Read 1365 times)

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Toggle acknowledgment sounds
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:49 PM »
Would be great to toggle acknowledgement sounds from an event. ie. I'm using the system late at night so turn off the sounds used for On Mode, Standby Mode, Off Mode, Recognized.

I could also use it in my persona setup. If it's Alexander don't use the sounds, but if its Computer in Star Trek mode use the sounds.

And while I'm at it, how about one for when it does not recognize what is said. Perhaps within a certain confidence range ie. if confidence is set at 50% play the sound for anything between 30-49% and ignore anything lower to weed out the random noise from open mics driving you crazy.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle acknowledgment sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:44:14 AM »
James might have a better answer....

However all of this can already be done ...
There is events for on, off, standby
There is event for unrecognized ... That reports the confidence
Search the forum for a py script that will generate event for recognized ...

All that aside, try vcadvanced.setoption as well
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:48:38 AM »
What Haddood said makes sense.

However if you want a quiet system at night the simplest solution is to mute your system volume or reduce it.

As Haddood mentions, you can probably change the .wav files that will be used with VCAdvanced.SetOption

Or it might be easier to write a batch file that moves/renames the folder containing your wav files.  If VC can't find the path to a wav it will just play nothing, but you could use this technique if you wanted to have different sounds in different modes.

OklahomaGreyBeard

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:32:06 AM »
And this is exactly why I bought VC and last night bought VW. The support on these forums should be an inspiration to all software companies.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »
Thanks.  We do our best and it's always nice to be appreciated for it.

It also helps a lot when more experienced users like Haddood (among many others) contribute and help out other users.

It doesn't just make our lives easier. I think it adds an extra dimension to the flow of ideas, the growth of the program, and helps to show different ways to approach any given problem.