Author Topic: OSD horizontal placement  (Read 955 times)

scolex

• View Profile
OSD horizontal placement
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:14:52 PM »
I see that there is an option to adjust the vertical placement of the OSD but not the horizontal.
Could you please add such a feature or the ability to set the monitor it is displayed on.

The reason being is I have multiple displays connected and 1 is in an adjoining room this display is the one I want
the OSD on however I don't always have it turned on so making it my default monitor doesn't work well.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: OSD horizontal placement
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:40:23 PM »
Sure.  I will probably allow you to choose a monitor.  I may also make an action to switch between the two.  In the case where monitor 2 is selected, but not present, hopefully I will be smart enough to make it appear on monitor 1. :D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: OSD horizontal placement
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »
OK,

The new version is on the download page now. 1.1.8.5

You can specify the screen number now in options on the main tab.

The screen number is 0 based, so your primary display is 0, second display is 1, third display is 2. If you don't have enough screens it will display on the highest display number available.  That is, if you specify display #2, but you only have 2 screens, it will display on #1 (the second one)  :bonk

This way if you have two displays and set it to use the second one, but sometimes that screen is disabled, it will fall back automatically to the primary display.