Author Topic: Knowing Speech Recognition Status  (Read 2200 times)

albertpujol

• View Profile
Knowing Speech Recognition Status
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:25:18 PM »
hi  James, I've just bougth your software after a few days of testing , first of all thank you for this wonderful software it maked posible to have true voice control to the computer (thing that with Windows speech system and its macros it's not posible.
I've a couple of request/questions.

1- It's possible in any way to detect if Itunes is playing (or started playing/stoped)  , I was this to put my sound equipment on with eventghost , I've google it but I couldn't find anything I can use. I know I could make this with voice comando, but I want something that in case i start it with keyboard it also work (what i need it's event control for evenghots (like the one I have for exemple with VLC)

2- Is any way to know if windows speech recognigtion system is started? I use the combination of the two system your and the integrated with windows , I use your for macros , but windows for general managing and windows dictation , it would be cool the control the event when speech recognition is turned on (with ctrl+winkey or with the menu of the software), do you know how to do?

3- Last question , is any way to detect if some sound is playing on the computer , so this way , for exemple when I start a youtube video i could make that the sound system is deactivated (or restricted to few command) and this way I'd avoid interference.

Thank you!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Knowing Speech Recognition Status
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
2 - In VC we can check if WSR is running, but there is no event for it and I don't think we can tell if it is actually listening or not.

Here is the command to check if WSR is running:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="580" name="is sapi on" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
    <ifType>ProcessRunning</ifType>
    <ifParams>sapisvr&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
        <cmdString>WSR is running!</cmdString>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>
    <else>
      <action>
        <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
        <cmdString>WSR is NOT running!</cmdString>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </else>
  </if>
  <phrase>is sapi on</phrase>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
1 - I don't know of a way at the moment, but maybe events could be added.  I have to look at what itunes offers in their api.

3 - I don't know, but maybe someone else can answer this.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
1- It's possible in any way to detect if Itunes is playing (or started playing/stoped)  , I was this to put my sound equipment on with eventghost , I've google it but I couldn't find anything I can use. I know I could make this with voice comando, but I want something that in case i start it with keyboard it also work (what i need it's event control for evenghots (like the one I have for exemple with VLC)

I think I can add some events for this (in VoxCommando).  I will try to get that into the next update.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Here is an updated version of the itunes plugin for eventGhost that generates a stop event.

albertpujol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:53:11 AM »
Hi James ,

Thank you very much for your fast answers and your help ,this night when I'll arrive at home I will try the Itunes stop event , maybe it's possible to have one for start? :)

Once I've started making scripting I couldn't stop on thinking on new options and features :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
You are most welcome.

This event is already generated by the itunes plugin for eventGhost.  It looks like this...

iTunes.TrackChanged {...}

albertpujol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
There is a Itunes plugin for evenghost,I could not find anything ended, just some old post from you talking about but I thougth you discontinued it for incorporation the functions on evenghost. Do you have a link where to dowload ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
There is a Itunes plugin for evenghost,I could not find anything ended, just some old post from you talking about but I thougth you discontinued it for incorporation the functions on evenghost. Do you have a link where to dowload ?

Sorry, I really don't understand your post.  Maybe it is better if you post in your own language.  If you are looking for the itunes plugin for eventghost I just posted it to this thread a few posts up...

albertpujol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
Ooh James sorry I've read your post very fast in the mobile , and I confused Evenghost plugin with Voicecommando plugin , this is the reason I was asking for Evenghost plugin so this was the reason I was asking you for evenghost plugin. I've read it carefully again , downloaded , installed and now works charming :)

Thank you