Author Topic: Hue plugin problems  (Read 2318 times)

nate1647

• View Profile
Hue plugin problems
« on: October 10, 2014, 01:47:25 PM »
Hi, I'm very new to all this, but I consider myself fairly proficient at most things computer related.

I'm trying to connect the Hue plugin to my Philips Hue Bridge, but it keeps freezeing VC. When I open the plugin it states, "Not Authorized," and then I click connect and nothing happens. If I click connect again then VC freezes. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 10:24:48 AM »
I ran into this last weekend setting up my hue. 
If you are running the alpha version 2.1.03 of vc, try the following.  Down load the current stable version of vc.  Shutdown the alpha version.  Set up the stable version in is own folder and use the hue setup.  Once running, pair the stable to the hue. Shutdown stable. Start up alpha. You should be paired.

Not sure if 2.1.0.5 has this issue.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:37:17 AM by keithj69 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Hue plugin problems
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »
Hi, I'm very new to all this, but I consider myself fairly proficient at most things computer related.

I'm trying to connect the Hue plugin to my Philips Hue Bridge, but it keeps freezeing VC. When I open the plugin it states, "Not Authorized," and then I click connect and nothing happens. If I click connect again then VC freezes. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

I can't really look into this until Tuesday.  In the mean time though...

Please tell us what version of VoxCommando you are using.
Are you using the stock version of the hue plugin or something else?
What firmware version is your hue running.

When you click connect the first time there should be a message that you need to press a button on your bridge to authorise access. Even if you don't see this message you can try it.

SuperKronz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
I've run into the same issue with stable  2.1.0.3 and alpha 2.1.0.5

Thought it might be related to my having added a 2nd hue controller for testing; I couldn't get the hue plug in to release the first controller and find the second.  Even reinstalling Vox didnt give me the option to change.  I unplugged first controller, plug in saw second controller but could not pair.

I had an old copy of Vox 2.0 - used the trick above (thanks!!) pairing with the old version, then running the latest Vox.

Hue version 1.6 I believe.

Lemme know if I can assist with anything.

-SK

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 08:35:20 AM »
Sorry about the delay. I'm trying to work on this but life keeps getting in the way.

I don't think we will be able to support two bridges for now though.  Why would you need a second bridge anyway?

SuperKronz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
2nd controller was for playing with a second separate test rig... Different gear in a different room kinda thing.  I only mentioned it in case it was switching between controllers that was causing the pairing issue.  No prob for me cause the keithj69 work around is good  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
I've updated the plugin and uploaded a new version to the main download page.

The main program has not changed so the version is the same (2.105) but I have updated the Hue, Wemo and Wunder plugins, so the installer is now called Version 2.105b

http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
WARNING: You may not want to update your Hue software if you use non-Philips bulbs with it. http://www.cnet.com/news/philips-hue-cuts-support-for-third-party-bulbs/