Author Topic: TTS artist/album information problem  (Read 2935 times)

abrenoch

• View Profile
TTS artist/album information problem
« on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:55 AM »
I have been playing around with the TTS ability of voxcommando, but when I try to call artist or album information, a whole lot more information is being read back than just the 'album' or 'artist'.  It seems as though the regex album:(.*) is what may be causing the issue, I would assume by not closing the called information properly, because the tts voice proceeds to read all the currently playing media's information back to me including file location and year, etc.

I am running the latest versions of everything.. does anybody have any word of wisdom for me? :)

Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: TTS artist/album information problem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
please be more specific about "latest version".  Exactly what version of XBMC and VC are you using?

this is not normal behaviour.  It should be easy enough to fix, but I need to figure out what xbmc is giving you that is causing this.  Normally the regex command works only line by line but it sounds like maybe xbmc is giving your everything on one line.  If that is the case you can adjust your regex expression from

album:(.*)

to something like

album:(.*)<li>

but that would not work for me because <li> is on the next line and VC will only try to match line by line.

this is what XBMC returns to me:
Code: [Select]
<html>
<li>Filename:musicdb://3/622/41883.mp3
<li>PlayStatus:Playing
<li>SongNo:3
<li>Type:Audio
<li>Title:Feel a Little Better
<li>Track:4
<li>Artist:Third World
<li>Album:96 Degrees In The Shade
<li>Genre:Reggae
<li>Year:1977
<li>URL:D:\mp3\Third World\96 degrees in the shade\Third World - Feel a Little Better.mp3
<li>Lyrics:
<li>Bitrate:192
<li>Samplerate:44
<li>Thumb:special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/0/0b6d515a.tbn
<li>Time:00:01
<li>Duration:03:51
<li>Percentage:0
<li>File size:5568640
<li>Changed:True
</html>

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »
Try this, work for me, using XBMC 11 (pre-Eden) more skin aeonmq3, and last version voxcommando.
Look Attached file
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »
poking around on the xbmc documentation online I found something new.  Here's an alternate method to get song info.

abrenoch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:08 PM »
please be more specific about "latest version".  Exactly what version of XBMC and VC are you using?

this is not normal behaviour.  It should be easy enough to fix, but I need to figure out what xbmc is giving you that is causing this.  Normally the regex command works only line by line but it sounds like maybe xbmc is giving your everything on one line.  If that is the case you can adjust your regex expression from

album:(.*)

to something like

album:(.*)<li>

but that would not work for me because <li> is on the next line and VC will only try to match line by line.

this is what XBMC returns to me:
Code: [Select]
<html>
<li>Filename:musicdb://3/622/41883.mp3
<li>PlayStatus:Playing
<li>SongNo:3
<li>Type:Audio
<li>Title:Feel a Little Better
<li>Track:4
<li>Artist:Third World
<li>Album:96 Degrees In The Shade
<li>Genre:Reggae
<li>Year:1977
<li>URL:D:\mp3\Third World\96 degrees in the shade\Third World - Feel a Little Better.mp3
<li>Lyrics:
<li>Bitrate:192
<li>Samplerate:44
<li>Thumb:special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/0/0b6d515a.tbn
<li>Time:00:01
<li>Duration:03:51
<li>Percentage:0
<li>File size:5568640
<li>Changed:True
</html>

Sorry about that, knew I should have posted more version info but I was moments away from total narcolepsy when I managed to cobble that post together.

I am running XBMC Dharma 10.1, but to my surprise version 0.892 of VC (didnt realize it got some updates already)

I noticed playing with the command today, that after a "what artist" request, it did actually return just the artist name (something that surprised me, because it was the first time it had worked correctly) and I  promptly tried a different album (same artist) and seemed to work.  But this is where it gets strange, a few moments into the song, I request "what artist" again and it went back to reading off ALL the song's info again!  This befuddled me and I tried to see if it was perhaps because the music was fullscreen, or maybe in the 'music' library mode, but I really couldn't find a cause for the behavior change, still find it a little confusing.

The xml posted by Wanilton seems to be working pretty well for me, but whatever was causing what I was experiencing might still be an issue.. if there any log dump or anything I can supply you with to help improve the software I would be glad to!

Thanks for the help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »
I don't think the one Wanilton uploaded operates any differently from the one that comes with VC by default.  At least in terms of getting the album info, it is calling the same info from XBMC and using the same regex expression.

Did you try the alternate that I uploaded?

If you want to help figure it out you can try using the attached command.

It is very important to make sure to remove or disable the old command so that VC is running the new one.  If they both use the same phrase you don't know which one will execute.

Run the attached command until it produces the strange behaviour.  Then go look in your VC folder for AlbumResult.txt

send me that file, and make sure that you don't edit it in any way.  Do not open in notepad and then resave it!

thanks

abrenoch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
I don't think the one Wanilton uploaded operates any differently from the one that comes with VC by default.  At least in terms of getting the album info, it is calling the same info from XBMC and using the same regex expression.

Did you try the alternate that I uploaded?

If you want to help figure it out you can try using the attached command.

It is very important to make sure to remove or disable the old command so that VC is running the new one.  If they both use the same phrase you don't know which one will execute.

Run the attached command until it produces the strange behaviour.  Then go look in your VC folder for AlbumResult.txt

send me that file, and make sure that you don't edit it in any way.  Do not open in notepad and then resave it!

thanks

Upon taking the time to actually look at the commands, yes I did notice Wanilton's commands are essentially the same as the ones included.. So as of right now I have no idea why they gave me success when the other wouldn't.  But upon testing it enough I did get it to replicate the issue I was originally having. Weird.

Actually upon trying your revised script, jitterj, everything is seeming to be working as expected (so far at least).  I did have a few hours where I could not get the TTS engine to respond to VC at all, but upon switching voices and messing with settings it seemed to work again.

I ran your debug script, but unfortunately it was not exhibiting the behavior that originally caused me concern.. Upon actually looking at the file it does indeed seem like what was being read to me, it was just reading off from the specified field (artist, album) onward. I've included the output file from that, but I will keep playing with it to see if I can get it to output a file while I'm having the issue.

Thanks for the help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
yes this text file looks normal.  the key will be to look at the text file that is generated when the error occurs.