Author Topic: FIXED: "find" command not working  (Read 2841 times)

hoopsdavis

• View Profile
FIXED: "find" command not working
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »
Hi guys, I'm running voxcommando ver. 0984 on a windows 7 PC

The issue I'm experiencing is whenever I say the command "Find Movie {movie name}" I always go to the same movie "Clash of the Titans"

Any input / help would be appreciated.

EDIT:  After setting voxcommando on my second xbmc PC in the living room, I was unable to recreate.   I restored everything back to just before vox install on my primary voxC pc and all issues were solved.  

All issues are now resolved and voxC is working as it should

Thanks to jitterjames for offering his assistance and willing to take time out of his day to address the issue.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:02:37 AM by hoopsdavis »
Official XBMC Frodo on Windows 8 - XBMC MediaPortal PVR-addon |
System Specs: AMD Athlon II Dual Core 2.8GHz, 4 GB RAM, Hauppauge: WinTV-HVR-1600 & HD-PVR, 42 inch Samsung Series 6

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: "find" command not working
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:54:27 AM »
Hi Hoops.  Welcome to the forum.

Are you running the default Frodo configuration (unmodified) that came with VC 0.984?

Did you install the voxtools script addon for XBMC successfully?

When you do a "Generate XML" a window should pop up showing how many items of each kind are found.  Does it return a number >0 for movies?

When you issue the voice command, is it showing that it heard the correct movie name?  We want to figure out if the problem is with the recognition of the command or if the problem is with getting the command to XBMC.

If you can send a VC log file and/or a snapshot of the history window it will help us to diagnose the problem.  It's up to you, but it could help things go a lot faster.  Fixing a problem like this is usually 99% about identifying exactly what is happening, and 1% about actually fixing it.

hoopsdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »
Hi James, yes I installed the voxtools (one thing I've noticed is if I go into programs to and click on voxtool, I get "script Failed! : Script.Voxtools)

But everything else checks out, I'm running the default frodo config other than the volume settings from your tutorial as well as one I added to close xbmc.
System Specs: AMD Athlon II Dual Core 2.8GHz, 4 GB RAM, Hauppauge: WinTV-HVR-1600 & HD-PVR, 42 inch Samsung Series 6

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
Please answer my other questions, and if possible provide the logs or images. Otherwise I cannot help you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:34:19 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »
Otherwise if you want to download teamviewer we can try to set up a time when I can come in and take a look.  That is usually much faster ;)

hoopsdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
Gernerating the XML resulted in no zeros, movies were correct at 1362
voxtools installed correctly (as mentioned when I click on voxtool, I get "script Failed! : Script.Voxtools)
I'm running the default frodo config from 0984 other than the volume settings from your tutorial as well as one I added to close xbmc.
The Command is showing the correct movie.

I'll get a log file and snapshot to you shortly, gotta get something done for my daughter.

Thanks

hoopsdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
Otherwise if you want to download teamviewer we can try to set up a time when I can come in and take a look.  That is usually much faster ;)

Sure we can schedule something, I just need to take care of something for my daughter not sure how long it'll take.

I'll just post here with I'm done, I'm sure anything this evening will be fine.  Whenever you're available.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »
Gernerating the XML resulted in no zeros, movies were correct at 1362
voxtools installed correctly (as mentioned when I click on voxtool, I get "script Failed! : Script.Voxtools)
I'm running the default frodo config from 0984 other than the volume settings from your tutorial as well as one I added to close xbmc.
The Command is showing the correct movie.

I'll get a log file and snapshot to you shortly, gotta get something done for my daughter.

Thanks
You can't just run the script from XBMC so that error is perfectly normal.

OK that rules out all the obvious stuff.  I think it's best if I can come take a look.  I'll be away for the next couple of hours.

hoopsdavis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Thanks James, I appreciate it.   

I'll post when I return later today.

I'm loving how much vox can do, you just have to program it the way you want.    Very cool