Author Topic: XBMC xml for Amulet  (Read 9909 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Re: XBMC xml for Amulet
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
Cheers, will have a look in a few days when im off work again, using keyboard for now, Didnt know there was example macros in it, was just following the xbmc wiki. as far as the crashing goes, it is pretty frequent but it only does it when im doing something within eg, if its just left to run in background it seems fine, once i add all the macros i want it should be fine. will just have to save it every few i add.

I did see the thread but i think it was like 100 or more pages long read the first few.

Cheers for your time, know your busy.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
Right, loaded in your attached xml and none of the buttons work at all, had another go and doing it from scratch will no luck, still crashing all the time and not even recognising my remote half the time now, knows i've pushed a button but it doesn't seem to know which one, getting 'MCEremote unknown'

Time to throw in the towel, HTPC with no remote is not much use.

I really appreciate the help and time you've given up to help me with this but I think we have both spent to much time on this now.

Decided to go back to Mediaportal for various reasons, all the way through setting up and configuring xbmc I've been having to 'make do' with numerous things that XBMC just can't do or does badly. Mediaportal is just much better suited for my needs and the media content i have.

You can fully configure remote buttons in MP like I've been trying to do with EG with no 3rd party software required which is clearly a big bonus for me. I know that the problem with event ghost is me not knowing how to use it but the crashes arent helping me learn it.

Wrote the above because I hope you understand my reasonings for going back to MP and I'm hoping you wont be pissed for the time you spent helping me only for me to give up.

I will miss the great skins, sleek and smooth GUI and the added vox support but the negatives of XBMC out weigh the positives for me.

Unfortunately I'd does mean going back to windows vista from 7 again though :(

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
in the end, you've gotta do whatever works for you.  I don't understand why you had such problems.  I have had a completely different experience from you with EventGhost.  It's been wonderful from day one.  Anyway, don't worry about me.  As long as you have a system you are happy with.  I didn't spend all that much time with you on this anyway.  Good luck with getting everything back the way you like it.

just wondering, why do you need to go back to Vista?  MP doesn't like win7 on your rig?

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »
Win 7 has a feature when you are using HDMI connection that adjusts the screen resolution to a smaller size when it detects no monitor connected or in htpc when you turn the tv off.

I think this is so if you unplug a hi res screen then plug it into a smaller monitor you will see a picture. unfortunately it also does it when you put the computer to sleep which is what most do with a htpc, it does restore the resolution to original when it detects your monitor again but some programs, mediaportal included do not follow the resolution back and remain as a 680 or so res window in the corner of the screen, running mp in fullscreen mode there is no way to maximise it again without restarting it.

There is a massive thread on the forum with 100's posts discussing it, whether its a bug or feature of windows and if it is or isn't an issue of mp.

personally it sounds like an intended win7 feature to me and MP team need to implement some sort of work around and many agree but some mp devs are saying it's a windows problem. Also many pointing out it doesn't happen with XBMC

been numerous work arounds posted which seem to have worked for some but not others, me include. think it might depend on graphics drivers or something.

hopefully MP 2 will have sorted it since it is only going to support Win7 but I tried the Alpha 2  a couple  of weeks ago and I think it's a long way off release. Even after it's full release I can't see it being useable until the popular plugins are made for it.

So that was a needlessly long explanation of a very uninteresting reason why I'm revisiting vista lol.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:18:04 AM by shango »

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
I just installed the mce xmbc plugin to sove this problem and remapped the key inside xbmc