Author Topic: Amount of ram?  (Read 3098 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Amount of ram?
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
Anyone know how much ram this remote has or how many buttons you should be able to learn?

Just been adding learn commands but it's telling me the ram is full after just doing 13 buttons from my TV remote. According to the guide you can do advanced learning with 4 separate maps on the 4 colour buttons, seems a bit pointless having 4 individual maps if you can't even program each button once each because there is not enough ram.

Churs

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Amount of ram?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:29:48 PM »
I don't know much about this.  I find that the Amulet is not so great for learning IR codes.  This has been stated more than once on this forum.

I recommend that you try to post on the Amulet forum.  I know they are not as responsive as we are here but it is worth a shot.

I am curious though.  What exactly do you mean by
it's telling me the ram is full
?

My Amulet has never "told" me anything, other than showing me different colours on the Amulet logo light.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
I don't know much about this.  I find that the Amulet is not so great for learning IR codes.  This has been stated more than once on this forum.

I recommend that you try to post on the Amulet forum.  I know they are not as responsive as we are here but it is worth a shot.

I am curious though.  What exactly do you mean by ?

My Amulet has never "told" me anything, other than showing me different colours on the Amulet logo light.

not ram as such but amount of memory, it flashes amber when trying to learn new codes if its full up, it actually works really well with my panasonic tv remote but i've only managed to get half way through all the buttons and memory is full.

Just seems a bit odd that you can have 4 different maps on the colour buttons but only about 13 codes learned in total, would be like 3 learnt codes per map.

I was going to post up on their forum just to suggest more memory in future versions of the remote might be a good idea but their site and forum is painfully slow resulting in 'bad gateway' and a non loaded page 8/10 times so didnt bother

thought id just post here as i know there are a few amulet uses, kind of hoping someone might pop up and say they have learned a lot more codes on theirs and id been doing something wrong.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
This has now become irrelevant anyway as i've realised any manually learned codes are forgotten each time the battery goes flat  ::confused

eddyc

• View Profile
    • Amulet Devices
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:34:45 PM »
This has now become irrelevant anyway as i've realised any manually learned codes are forgotten each time the battery goes flat.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but just wanted to check whether other users are seeing this behaviour - it's certainly not supposed to happen. My Amulet occasionally goes fully dead, but happily retains my Samsung TV programming without any need to relearn codes.

(I've seen one additional report of this from another new Amulet user.)

The amount of RAM used up depends on the complexity of the codes learnt, and also (to an extent) how long you hold down each button for. You should definitely see more than 13 codes - I think I verified it at about 30 codes a while ago, again using Samsung.

Something we'd like to do is add presets for the common vendors, so that no EEPROM storage is needed for most users; the total amount of space available on our IR chip is pretty limited though, so we'll need to get creative with exactly how we implement it.