Author Topic: Amulet Remote  (Read 3204 times)

three6zerocool

• View Profile
Amulet Remote
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:10:55 AM »
Greetings... I am a newbie, both to this forum (first post), and to Vox Commando.
Am really having a lot of fun with VC, Voxwav, and various other devices I have tried with VC, such as my iphone using headset app.

I saw James using the Amulet Remote, and being a Mediacenter user, I thought 'hey thats for me'..
The Amulet remote seems highly recommended, but has ANYONE actually managed to purchase and receive one of these devices recently??

As far as contact and customer support is concerned, Amulet Devices would have to be pretty much the worst company I have EVER had the misfortune to deal with.
I have ordered and paid for two remotes, and have received an email at time of order, stating my order was confirmed, and a week later, confirmation from Paypal, that Amulet Devices have my money.

Now weeks later, I have heard zero, nada, zip from them, and when you contact them using their 'Contact Us' link on their website, you get no reply.
Anyone know if they are still in business?.

I know they are irish and all, but freakin heck, how about an email saying 'on back order'
My hopes are not high that I will receive my remotes, and if I do, will I be on the old age pension by then, or possibly dead and buried.

People, My advice would be to NOT deal with Amulet Devices, as their service leaves a lot to be desired.
In fact, it would be more apt to say that their service is non-existant.

(Grin)  What is more annoying, is that when VoxCommando starts up and informs me of Amulet Remote special offer, and mouse over for coupon code. I then I go into full Defcon1 mode, and go 'crush.....killl....destroy!'  'Danger Will Robinson, do not deal with Amulet Devices!'

Dude, you totally should nuke the ____ out of that particular alert from VC, as your not doing yourself any favours advertising potential savings for that company.

I would be extremely happy to hear news regarding my remotes, but as stated, am not very optomistic at this stage.

Ok, rant over.

Heh heh heh.

VC = e/MC2   (AWESOME)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Amulet Remote
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »
Hi three6zerocool and welcome in VC-Forum. I know those words will not help you, but please take a look in this post, maybe this can explain something.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1334.msg11518#msg11518
***********  get excited and make things  **********

three6zerocool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »
Thanks,  I had already found that thread. it would appear that not much has changed over a year or more.
To me, thats the sad thing, as from a design perspective, theit tek seems really good.

Other companies seem to manage free world wide delivery in a couple of weeks or so via airmail, so seemingly the issue is more one of supply.
Perhaps they just do not have the inventory on hand.

Customers do appear to be getting their product, but by gosh that company requires some customer relations strategy and communication.
I have ordered another remote, and is one of those android mini keyboard/IR combo ones with mic, so that should be interesting to try with VC.

three6zerocool

• View Profile
Re: Amulet Remote *Update*
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
After writing above post, I walked outside to check the mail, and low and behold, there was a package from Amulet Devices.
 It contained one remote,  so still waiting for the 2nd one, but one is better than none,  and hey I'm not a pensioner, and I aint dead and buried, so it is a good outcome.
 :)

eddyc

• View Profile
    • Amulet Devices
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:09:01 PM »
Hi,

After writing above post, I walked outside to check the mail, and low and behold, there was a package from Amulet Devices.
 It contained one remote,  so still waiting for the 2nd one, but one is better than none,  and hey I'm not a pensioner, and I aint dead and buried, so it is a good outcome.

I'm glad your Amulet finally arrived safely, even if the whole experience wasn't as it should have been. I won't repeat what I said in the other thread, other than to re-iterate that we hope to do better in future. I can however confirm that the issue was definitely related to shipping, not inventory.

Regarding your the missing unit, while a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, two birds in the hand is even better, especially when you paid for them! I already emailed a customer today about a missing unit -- was that you? If not, let me know and we can discuss the most expedient solution by PM.

Thanks,

Eddy