Author Topic: Users in Europe  (Read 13025 times)

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Users in Europe
« on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:53 AM »
I was wondering if there is any users in Europe that uses Amulet Remote. I ordered mine one month ago, and its still not sendt. How long time did it take before you got yours?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Users in Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
That sucks.  On what date did you order it?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
That is really bad, I ordered it about 2 years ago and was shipped after 3 weeks to germany. I hope our member Eddy (from amulet devices) read this post, perhaps he can help you.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
That is really bad, I ordered it about 2 years ago and was shipped after 3 weeks to germany. I hope our member Eddy (from amulet devices) read this post, perhaps he can help you.
I ordered mine Dec 17th and still no reply on status from Amulet Devices.  I've requested status via their support page, their forum, this forum and pm'd eddy on this forum last week.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
After speaking to the good folks at Amulet, I have a better understanding of the situation.  They have been experiencing some difficulties with their distribution system and they are still working it out, but I am confident that they will have the situation resolved soon.  Believe it or not, I think they are more frustrated by the current delays than their customers.

My hope is that after the current problems are resolved, they will be able to ship much more quickly, and may even be able to ship to Europe directly from Ireland which would make the shipping faster and less expensive, and will allow them more direct control over the process.

Their current problems involve a misunderstanding with the US postal service.

It is unfortunate for anyone that recently ordered an Amulet but I am assured that you will get your device as soon as they can manage it, so please be patient.  I can't tell you when the issue will be resolved but I know that they are working on it.  If at any point you decide that you don't want to wait any longer, I am sure that you will be able to request a refund for any item that has not been shipped yet.

For anyone who is thinking about getting an Amulet, especially if you are in Europe, you may want to wait a bit for them to sort out their current issues.  I will make an announcement once that happens.

I should point out that I have no affiliation with Amulet and make no money off the sales of this device.  I recommend it because I think it works well with VoxCommando.  It is not perfect but I use mine all the time, and know I would be sad to lose it.  I believe that this company will take care of their customers.  It is only my opinion but based on all my communications with the people at Amulet over the last couple of years, I believe that they are doing their best and that they can be trusted to come through in the end.

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
Thank you for the update.  Its very much appreciated.
I have no problem with delays and issues as they're part of life.  But, I wish Amulet Devices would reply to emails.  Lack of communication (support) is what drives customers away from companies no matter how great their product is.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »
I agree with you 100%

I hope that Amulet will make more of an effort to communicate with customers that are waiting for order confirmations.  This part confuses me.  I think maybe they have been reluctant to communicate because they have not been able to provide an actual answer to the shipping questions which they were trying to resolve, but I don't think it is a good excuse for going silent.  

As I understand it some of the developers at Amulet have spent a considerable amount of time communicating with users (even though it is not their specific job) about these issues but I guess they have not communicated with everyone.  I don't really know why they are not returning all emails within 48 hours.  They should be making a point of doing this.

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:29:22 AM »
I ordered mine around the 13. des. Thanks for the update! Your doing a better job at there costumer service then they do. It shouldnt be that hard to find all orders being sent to EU, and send a mail with the information regarding the delay.

Im sure there are other company that can handle parcels in US, maybe they should take there business elsewhere.. or maybe i should.

/rant
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:19:24 AM by jitterjames »

Brian

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »
Same boat. Ordered mine December 18th and no response from customer service.

eddyc

• View Profile
    • Amulet Devices
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
Hi all,

My apologies for the delayed response here, especially after James was good enough to give me a heads up about the discussion more than a week ago. Everything James has said above is correct, including the comments about lack of communication being the most frustrating part of all; we hope to do better moving forward, and to more closely monitor the forums here for questions and concerns.

To add a little to what James said:

We experienced significant problems with our US shipping facility over the Christmas period which led to large delays in orders being shipped. We were doing our best to get these resolved so we could contact people with good news; in retrospect, no news most definitely ISN'T good news, if you're waiting for something you ordered to arrive and we should have done a better job of keeping people informed.

I believe the majority of outstanding orders shipped early last week, and all US orders have now been delivered. International orders are still in transit, according to the tracking information I have -- they typically took 7-8 days with our old shipping agent, and I expect the new agent will be similar; we'll need to wait until some units actually arrive though to find out!

Hellow, are you in Norway? If so, my news isn't great -- you may be the one international order that slipped through the net, since you weren't on the list of tracking numbers I received from our US office last week; I should hear later today whether this is an oversight on the list, or whether the order has indeed not shipped. If the latter, I will see if I can find a fresh unit in our European office to ship you immediately.

Brian, I believe your unit was delivered on 15 Jan, if you are in IN; if you haven't received it by now, please let me know via PM on the forum here.

Harri, I have PM'd you the tracking number for your order, which was dispatched last Wednesday and still appears in transit.

If any other readers have orders pending, and have not already received an update from me, please contact me via PM here and I will try and get you info asap.

Thanks all for your patience, and also to James for his support. Our new shipping facility is not as efficient as we would like (it can take up to a week to turnaround orders) but is only an interim solution until we relocate our stock to Europe -- we expect to have this completed within the next 3-4 weeks. We should then be in a position to ship European orders with a turnaround of 3-5 days, and at reduced shipping cost. I will post an update once this is complete.

Eddy
Amulet Devices

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »
Thank you  Eddy. Your reply is very much appreciated.  I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new toy  ;D and will let you know if any further issues arise.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Hi hpooni.  I guess that means that you now have your tracking number?

Please let us know when you receive your remote since I am sure that it will help to put other who are still waiting at ease.  Thanks.

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
Hi hpooni.  I guess that means that you now have your tracking number?

Please let us know when you receive your remote since I am sure that it will help to put other who are still waiting at ease.  Thanks.
Actually Eddy PM'd me the tracking number today and as of right now the status is as below:
January 19, 2014   3:41 am    ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS),   Processed Through Sort Facility

Also, the status updates may be a little behind as I believe its Martin Luther King Day today in the US.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »
My own experience with USPS >> Canada Post is that you won't hear anything until after it passes customs, and then you won't see any updates until after you have received it.  But at least you know that it is on the way!

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »
Hellow, are you in Norway? If so, my news isn't great -- you may be the one international order that slipped through the net, since you weren't on the list of tracking numbers I received from our US office last week; I should hear later today whether this is an oversight on the list, or whether the order has indeed not shipped. If the latter, I will see if I can find a fresh unit in our European office to ship you immediately.

Yes, I live in Norway. Nothing have happens so far. I'd like for this to get solved asap.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:11:07 PM by jitterjames »