Author Topic: VoxWav Error  (Read 2096 times)

tn42

• View Profile
VoxWav Error
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:33:48 AM »
Hi.

I have mounted a android tablet on the wall running 24/7 with the mic always on.

About 2 times every day I get an error and the VoxWav app has to be restarted. I am not doing anything special when the error occurs. Mostly I just notice that the app stopped responding to commands. So I switch on the screen and that’s when I see the error message.  I have not figured out why this happens. And need some help figuring it out. The tablet is brand new and its basically VoxWav, Plex, skype and Yamaha network receiver app running on it, and nothing more.

Can I enable logging of the app? So I could send the crashLog to you or something?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:40:13 AM by tn42 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav Error
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
What is the error message that you see?

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:54:57 AM »
It happened today as well when I got out of bed.

I when in search for my mobile phone to take a Picture as a mental note since i'm like a zombie at 05:45 in the morning.

During this time, my beloved GF <3 hit the "OK" button. And thus removing the error message. So I will try to be quicker next time it happens and I will post an update when I have the error message.

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
1* Mic Vol Threshold is set to something like 40.
2* I have not set a "maximum recording time" should I set one?

I dont think it is the Computer. It runs on a very stable machine with only 2 programs installed on it VOX and EG. And it is set to never sleep, hibernate and so on.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:00:59 PM »
Yes you should always set a maximum record time when using "always on" mode, just in case there is too much background sound which would cause the app to keep recording forever without actually stopping to analyze the audio file.  I keep mine at 16 seconds, because most voice command are going to be less than 10 seconds long, even if you want to string two together.

The error you are getting is a generic Android "Sorry AppName has stopped responding".  This happens from time to time with many of the apps that I use and I generally attribute it to the Android OS but I will check the developer logs in case you submitted a report to see if there is actually any useful info in there -- which I doubt. :(

My guess is that at some point VW is asking for access to the microphone and for some reason Android is dropping the ball, or something along those lines.  If the problem was in my code I doubt that it would take up to 24 hours for it to manifest itself.

tn42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 06:25:47 AM »
Okay, thanks for the input.

Setting the "maximum recording time" to 20s eliminate the error completely :)

But now I have a different problem... Lol, Always something, right :bonk? I will create a new thread for that