Author Topic: XJSON.EventError  (Read 5175 times)

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
XJSON.EventError
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
I updated to 2.1.3.3 over the weekend on my Lenovo Q190 running xbmc 13.2

every couple of XJSON events are showing up as XJSON.EventError when i hover over them it says (with out the "")

"{1} System.nullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at vcPlugin.XbmcJsonRpcConnection.onAnnouncement(String data)
Commands triggered:"

I have tried Restarting VC and XBMC also restarted the Computer and also tried changing the ports on xbmc and VC but no luck, I also looked at my log in Eventghost and the events are coming through no problem in Eventghost

I'm not sure if this is related but

I aslo had to create a command that will switch back and forth between audioendpoints, otherwise every other time VC is fully restarted I wouldn't have any audio output ( I didn't have this problem until i upgraded)

I'm running this version on my main PC with no issuse and double checked all setting in VC and XBMC between the two systems and they are set to the same settings

any help would be great
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:30:06 AM by PegLegTV »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XJSON.EventError
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »
I believe the event error was addressed in a later update, but it was not introduced by a new version of VC, I think it was introduced by Kodi and generally only comes from plugins that have unexpected json data attached to them.

2.138 is available now.  I can't remember if the event issue was fixed in 2.136 or not.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:26:07 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
I aslo had to create a command that will switch back and forth between audioendpoints, otherwise every other time VC is fully restarted I wouldn't have any audio output ( I didn't have this problem until i upgraded)

I'm running this version on my main PC with no issuse and double checked all setting in VC and XBMC between the two systems and they are set to the same settings

I actually don't follow what you are saying here.  You'll need to be more precise about what things belong to what programs or plugins and who is not getting audio where and when, but in any case I don't think it is related to the events.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply

Updated to 2.138 and it seems like that fixed the Xjson.eventerror for me

After more trouble shooting I fixed the Audio issue I was having

I'll Explain my audio issue because it might help someone else

so what I ran into was: every time I did a full restart of VC or restarted the computer, my TTS was switching between 2 different TTS outputs

so every other time I would restart VC I had no TTS from VC, or my Windows TTS

after A Lot of trouble shooting and doing a system restore from before my last windows update and then running the update I found that after my windows update it had set 2 different audio outputs as my default audio

so I disabled one and tried it, when that didn't work I disabled the other one and Enabled the first one and that fixed it

Thanks for the help and I hope what I explained makes sense

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:36 PM »
Phewf.  One (or maybe two) less problems for me to solve today!

Thanks for the update.  :D

carlh1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:56:36 PM »
I believe the event error was addressed in a later update, but it was not introduced by a new version of VC, I think it was introduced by Kodi and generally only comes from plugins that have unexpected json data attached to them.

2.138 is available now.  I can't remember if the event issue was fixed in 2.136 or not.

I just purchased voxcommando today. I've setup kodi and my hue lights. Issues with both, but start with Kodi. I'm getting the same error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I'm noticing that it's not generating the music library when I generate the xml, but it did do the movie library. I'm running windows 8.1, Kodi Helix 14.0, and voxcommando VC 2.1.3.8   I can upload the log if that helps. 

I'll go to the hue forum for the issue with my lights.

thanks!

Carl

carlh1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 12:06:18 AM »
By the way, I deactivated all my music plugins (but no others) and it's still happening. When I go to generate the Kodi/xJason it is choking on the music, and tv: It's saying:
ERROR: (xbmcArtists.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcAlbums.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcSongs.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcTVShowTitles.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The movies do generate, but I'm too lazy to enter that text here :-)

When I generate the SQL xml it tells me that 0 items were saved to the music and tv xml.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »
Are you using a Mysql server, when I hit the "save and generate" button in the Xsql plugin I only have 26 movie genre show and nothing else I have to save and generate with Mysql plugin as I'm using a Mysql database

also have you made sure that its trying to scrape the right database

Helix should be using (XBMC DATABASE)

MyVideos90.db
MyMusic48.db

if i recall if an error is thrown it wont scrape past that first error, so everything after that is not scraped

do you have any errors in the popup before?

ERROR: (xbmcArtists.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcAlbums.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcSongs.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: (xbmcTVShowTitles.xml) Object reference not set to an instance of an object

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »
Hi carlh1,

It sounds an awful lot like you just don't have content scanned into your Kodi library correctly.

Please send a log.

Please also advise us if you have Kodi set up to use MySql or not.

Let us know which installation guide if any you followed and which standard configuration you selected when you first installed VoxCommando.

carlh1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:42:25 PM »
I don't know how to tell if I"m using mySQL or not, I tried to look it up online how to tell and I don't find anything. I don't remember that the install even asked for that, it just installs. I'm on Win8.1 does that default to using MySQL on install? I would think MySQL would be an openElec default (Just guessing, I don't know what I"m talking about).

I activated the xMySQL plugin and tried to GenXML it but it said it was unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

I am using MyMusic48 and MyVideos90, I see they have contents.

Attached is my log from yesterday.

Thanks for your help.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »
sorry for the confusion, if you don't know if your running a Mysql server then its safe to say that your not running one

I would follow the instructions that jitterjames said (I was getting ahead of the basics)

sorry for the confusion

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »
It sounds (and looks) like you are new to Kodi.  You should seek help from that community on how to use the program.  You need to add music sources to your library.  The log is clearly showing that Kodi is returning 0 results for artists and albums songs etc.

You have only 1 music genre and it's Karaoke which is suspicious.

Start here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

carlh1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »
OK, thanks for your help! We'll get it figured out.