Author Topic: VoxWav for PC  (Read 2175 times)

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
VoxWav for PC
« on: April 27, 2014, 12:21:58 AM »
James do you have any plans on creating a "VoxWav" for PC. I am running my VC on a server and would i think it would be easy to just for all my htpc's to just transmit speech (or however voxwav works) to the server and then the server issue tts, commands back automatically on the udp address:port and xbmc address:port that it came from. I know I could do this with multiple vox installs I think but this would be really cool and simple with a VoxWav program. Maybe if not now......someday?  I am going more to the area of artificial intelligence instead of just htpc commands. If you are 100% positive that you will never develop anything like this........would anybody else like to help me make something? I dont really know where to start but would love to learn. Idea is sapi collects voice recognition to text then transmits it as payload to VC "server"............right ???

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWav for PC
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:47 AM »
Hi

One way to get vox wav working on the pc is to use bluestacks.
http://www.bluestacks.com/
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:15:13 AM »
Thanks for that info. Much appreciated

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
Idea is sapi collects voice recognition to text then transmits it as payload to VC "server"............right ???

I think the whole idea of VoxWave (as far as I understood) is to send the wave data before recognition. recognition is done on the server side ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

rebelmaveric19

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 12:41:47 AM »
Yea I understand more how it works now. I have since moved on to using autovoice and autoremote to send and receive commands to VC. At the time of writing this I was trying to find the best way of controlling all my htpcs from a central installation of VC. Now with autovoice and autoremote I can do it from any where in the world as long as I have internet on my phone.

batfasturd

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »
Yea I understand more how it works now. I have since moved on to using autovoice and autoremote to send and receive commands to VC. At the time of writing this I was trying to find the best way of controlling all my htpcs from a central installation of VC. Now with autovoice and autoremote I can do it from any where in the world as long as I have internet on my phone.

How are you sending data from autovoice to VC and are you returning information at all? if so how?

batfasturd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
Nevermind I answered my own question using autoremote.