Author Topic: Rating Songs via VoxCommando  (Read 4272 times)

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Rating Songs via VoxCommando
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
Hello everyone,
Being the lazy guy I am, I thought it would be a good feature to be able to rate songs on the fly using VoxCommando.  Is that possible?  It might be a bit complicated, especially if the song is already rated.  But that would be an easy way to accumlate ratings on songs, instead of doing it by hand through media monkey.  If this is already a feature, my apologies.   :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Rating Songs via VoxCommando
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »
yes it is a standard command already as part of the mediaMonkey configuration.  There is a command to rate a song, and one to ask for the current rating.

there is no such command for xbmc because xbmc doesn't provide the means to do it through the http api (as far as I know).

duh....ooops - actually looking through the default config for mediaMonkey I notice that there is no command set up to rate music (weird) but there is one to ask for the current rating.

I have attached a command to set rating from 1-10.  It actually sets the rating from 10-100 by adding a zero.

So a rating of

6 = 60 = 3 stars
7 = 70 = 3.5 stars

etc.

I believe 0 = bomb and -1 = unrated in MM.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »
Thanks James, now I can start developing my rating system as I listen to the music, cool.  Now, once I have songs rated, is there a way that I can use ratings to only play the songs I like on a particular album or artist.  It would be a combination command such as play album X and rating 6, for example.  The result would then be playing the album and all songs on it that have a rating of 6 or greater.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »
Thanks James, now I can start developing my rating system as I listen to the music, cool.  Now, once I have songs rated, is there a way that I can use ratings to only play the songs I like on a particular album or artist.  It would be a combination command such as play album X and rating 6, for example.  The result would then be playing the album and all songs on it that have a rating of 6 or greater.
Hi mclaugh6,
I think you can do this. Edit the MMpayload "play Title (ABC) by (XYZ)" take a look of the first string in "MM.LoadBySQL" -> Album Like '{1}'  and order by Rating Desc '{2}' the strings {1}and {2} are payloads, {1} is clear mmAlbum.xml but I'm not shure for the {2} payload, I hope james figured out  ;) or you can test anything with it.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
one way I use ratings is to create "auto playlists" in MediaMonkey.  I might make one called hits that is automatically populated with random songs that are rated 80 or higher, and then I can say "play playlist hits" to hear them.

Check out the attached command which uses logic to let you select an artist in a number of different ways.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
one way I use ratings is to create "auto playlists" in MediaMonkey.  I might make one called hits that is automatically populated with random songs that are rated 80 or higher, and then I can say "play playlist hits" to hear them.

Check out the attached command which uses logic to let you select an artist in a number of different ways.

Yes this is logic, nice and perfect!  ;D

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
I am having a bit of trouble implementing the set rating command.  I had no trouble dumping the media monkey play artists advanced payload. It showed up under groups and in the edit window.  However, when I dump the set rating command into the media monkey payload folder, it does not show up anywhere within Vox.  What am I doing wrong?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:22 PM »
I am afraid I don't understand your terminology.  To import an xml file into VC you click 'edit' and then drag the file onto the command tree.  Then you save.

I don't know what you mean by "when I dump the set rating command into the media monkey payload folder"

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 03:16:11 AM »
I am having a bit of trouble implementing the set rating command.  I had no trouble dumping the media monkey play artists advanced payload. It showed up under groups and in the edit window.  However, when I dump the set rating command into the media monkey payload folder, it does not show up anywhere within Vox.  What am I doing wrong?
Ok, step by step.

1. Save the attached "MM Rating.xml" in the "export" folder in which you have installed VC.

2. Open VC, click on edit, to see the command tree editor.

3. Click above right "open new bin file" and select the MM Rating.xml -> click open.

4. You can see the MM Rating command on the right site in the in the command editor, drag and drop the xml to you current command tree on the left site of this window.

5. Click the big green button "Save All + Close" and restart VC -> that all

You should now work "rating" command. Speak in a VC "rate with (X) percent".
Important: MediaMonkey has to be started!

Kalle

PS: disable in VC all groups that you do not need, so you can better check whether the command is working properly.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »
Ok, step by step.
...You should now work "rating" command. Speak in a VC "rate with (X) percent".
Important: MediaMonkey has to be started!

Kalle

The way you have defined your command phrases, you don't say percent.  You would just say "rate with 10", "rate with 60", etc.

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
It would appear that my problem is I was saving the xml files directly into the mmpayload folder instead of the export folder.  Funny though, the media monkey advanced payloads file worked when I did that but not with the set rating file.  I will give it a try using Kalle's instructions.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »
The way you have defined your command phrases, you don't say percent.  You would just say "rate with 10", "rate with 60", etc.

Yes  :bonk  :bonk  :bonk

sorry "rate with (10, 20 ...)  ;)

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
It would appear that my problem is I was saving the xml files directly into the mmpayload folder instead of the export folder.  Funny though, the media monkey advanced payloads file worked when I did that but not with the set rating file.  I will give it a try using Kalle's instructions.

It doesn't really matter where you save the xml file before importing it.

There are two ways to import an xml file that you have downloaded from the forum.

1) The way I suggest is that you simply drag the file from wherever you saved it, onto the command tree (the one on the left of the command editor).  It will then import any groups that are in the xml file and they will be added to the bottom of your tree.  Then you can save and close.  This is a very simple process.  Don't complicate it.

2) The way Kalle is suggesting, which will also work fine but is a bit more confusing, is that you open the xml file in the bin (the tree on the right) and then drag the group over to the command tree (the one on the left).  Again, it doesn't matter where you have saved the xml file from the forum, as long as you are able to locate it when you click 'open a new bin file'.

In either case, once you have saved your command tree, you can delete the xml that you downloaded off the forum since it is no longer needed.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »