Author Topic: MediaMonkey 0.845 English  (Read 4831 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
MediaMonkey 0.845 English
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
I would like to put this package on the main download page, but maybe my little elves can test it first.  ;)

most of the  bugs have been ironed out.  The latest version is now 0.851.

you can get it on the main site.

http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:49:39 AM by jitterjames »

Diabl0570

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: MediaMonkey 0.845 English
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »
sweeet gonna check it out

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »
The new commands seem to be working great for this release.

A question though, you once told me:

"but note that you can request your music as a random order list, which I much prefer because it then plays from top to bottom of the playlist without repeating songs the way shuffle does.  I guess it is like your "(in the playlist, edit=>randomize list)"

I tried looking for this in mediamonkey, but i cant seem to find the option you are referring too.

Anyway, great update!
Once again :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »
if you are using the MM editions that I posted to the website if is actually requesting music as a random list by default.

click edit and browse the command tree on the left.

look in the group: "MM Play Music by Name"
then select the command "Play Artist  <Artist>"
right-click it and choose build, or just hover over it to see a preview of the actions (new feature)
the first action is MM.LoadBySQL, this is the command that tells MediaMonkey what music you want to play.  The parameter for this command is:
 Artist Like "{1}" order by random() limit 200

if you want you could change the parameter to be only:
Artist Like "{1}"

by having the part: order by random()
we get a nowplaying list that is pre-shuffled.
the limit 200 is optional too.  If you changed it to limit 5 then you would only get 5 songs. This might be useful if you wanted to only hear a few songs and then continue with AutoDJ songs.

While I am on the topic you will notice that there is a similar command.
"Play Hits by <Artist>"
This is essentially the same command, but the parameter used is:
Artist Like "{1}" and rating>75 order by random() limit 200

by adding the part and rating>75 we get only songs rated 4 stars or higher.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
Aha, i didn't notice this because i only tested the artist command once.
It seems however that this does not work for 'play playlist' command on which i tested the command more than once, but i guess that's because you can't randomise the playlists?
The main reason for wanting this is because i usually only listen to songs that are rated as 3 or more stars and i use a playlist for this.

And i could be wrong, but i think the link to VC standard version and MM version on the download page are both linked to the MM version.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:20:36 PM by painy »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »
Aha, i didn't notice this because i only tested the artist command once.
It seems however that this does not work for 'play playlist' command on which i tested the command more than once, but i guess that's because you can't randomise the playlists?

And i could be wrong, but i think the link to VC standard version and MM version are both linked to the MM version.
Doh!  You are right.  Thanks for catching that.  I have been making great breakthroughs lately, but also making a lot of stupid mistakes.  I guess I am trying to do too much, too fast.  Good thing I've got you all to keep an eye on me! ;)

Yes the playlist command just opens the playist in its original state (order).  It is using a different command (not sql) and it loads super fast.  If you are using a AutoPlaylist, then then playlist itself can be defined as random.  It is also possible to create an autoplaylist, which is defined as containing all songs form a regular playlist, but sorted randomly.

The other options is just to turn shuffle on , but then the playback will jump around the nowplaying list instead of going from top to bottom.