Author Topic: bug in TTS voice volume?  (Read 1230 times)

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
bug in TTS voice volume?
« on: June 17, 2016, 04:41:03 PM »
Hi, I think I found another bug.  When I reduce the volume of the SAPI5 voice using the slider in the TTS window, save etc. and then restart VC, the slider stays half way down but the voice's audio seems to be back at 100%.  I have "Speakers (USB Audio)" selected for the TTS output and it is not the default system audio output (default is HDMI).  This is on Windows 7 64bit.

If you need any more info, just ask.  And thanks again for this great program.  I just started using it again and love how intuitive it is to get cool things happening :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: bug in TTS voice volume?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
Thanks.  I'll take a look.  I always keep my TTS at 100% (usually wish it could be louder) so I never would have noticed this myself.

I'll let you know when it's fixed.

I assume this is a problem with both the TTS and TTSMS plugins?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
This should be fixed in 2.2.2.0 which is now available on the download page.

http://voxcommando.com/home/downloads/

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »
I didn't try it with TTSMS but I can confirm it's fixed for the TTS plugin in 2.2.2.0!  Thanks and damn, that was fast! 

The USB speaker I'm experimenting with is too loud for it's own good, it is very distorted at max volume but going through my stereo wouldn't work because it's off half the time and would miss the beginning of the TTS or short sounds because of some internal "standby" mode.  The voice commands from VC are the only thing routed to the USB speaker and it's working out very well. It allows me to keep the voice level consistent even when changing the volume of everything else that goes through my receiver.  Dedicated, always on, small TTS speaker = highly recommended :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
Yes,  definitely sounds like the way to go!