Author Topic: TTSMS & bluetooth speaker bug on VC restart? (Solved)  (Read 1997 times)

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
TTSMS & bluetooth speaker bug on VC restart? (Solved)
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
Hello, I'm pretty new (2 weeks of tinkering) to VC so thanks for all of the informative posts and tutorials.  This program is a lot of fun to mess around with (I used to use girder so the concepts are familiar) and as a quadriplegic, I'm already envisioning ways it could help make my life a lot better.  I'm pretty excited about it, to be honest :)

In my tinkering, I think I found a bug.  I can recreate it 100% of the time. 
Using both 2.1.2.5 and 2.1.2.7
Using MS TTS plugin
Using bluetooth speaker as output device. It is not the system default output device but is specified in TTSMS plugin settings as the one to use.  (allows me to hear TTS when my receiver is in "exclusive mode" DD5.1/DTS)

bug: Full restart VC.  TTSMS voice no longer audible.  VC appears to work fine, OSD shows but no audio from speaker.

fix: click "plugins" -> TTSMS then just close that window without making any changes or clicking anything. Now TTSMS voice starts working again.

I hope that is enough info but if not, let me know what you need. It is a bit annoying to have to remember to do that each time I restart VC.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:16:27 AM by monkee »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: TTSMS & bluetooth speaker bug on VC restart?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »
Hi Monkee. Welcome to the forum.

I will look into it as soon as I am able. Hopefully, I will be able to reproduce something similar.

Does this only happen with your Bluetooth speaker, or can you reproduce the bug with regular audio outputs?

I do not have a bluetooth speaker to test with but I do have a bluetooth headset, so hopefully that's close enough.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »
Thanks and I'm really impressed with the software.  The tool tips within the UI and all the little things here and there to make the learning curve a little easier are very much appreciated. 

I just noticed that the audio doesn't completely cut out on the VC restart, but instead switches to my (Win 7) system default audio output (SPDIF).  It's not until I open the TTSMS plugin window that VC switches back to what I have set in there (bluetooth speaker).  I have my receiver off usually which is why I didn't realize it was switching default outputs and not just cutting out.

If I set the TTSMS plugin to match my system default audio output (SPDIF optical) and restart VC, there is no problem.  The output does not change on it's own.  It only changes when I have the bluetooth speaker selected in the plugin and restart VC.  I haven't tested using "line out" yet to determine if it is an issue with only bluetooth devices or if ANY non-default audio source set in the plugin will have the same issue. I may switch to line-out

My bluetooth speaker shows up as a headset in the OS so I'd imagine you will be able to recreate the issue. 

Here is the speaker I'm using: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JOX1UPS/ if that helps.  I was hoping to sit it on a table near me for use with VC but the mic it has is total crap and unusable in case anyone is considering the same thing.  I just use it as the TTSMS voice now.

Thanks again!

*edit* just want to note that the output in the plugin does not change VISIBLY, it still SAYS that the bluetooth device was the default all along, it's just that the audio is routed to the wrong output until opening that window and closing it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:56:10 PM by monkee »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
Thanks for all the info. Best error report ever.  ::happy

I will take a look as soon as I get back to work. It will probably be an easy fix.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »
Haha, no problem.  I thought it might be a bit too wordy but I figured I'd include as much info as I could to make life easier for you :)  I hope you squash it!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »
New release, Version: 2.1.2.8
http://voxcommando.com/downloads.php

I've updated the TTSMS plugin and the audio output issue should hopefully be resolved.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:50:27 AM »
Thanks a lot!  It seems all good now.  The voice worked immediately after installing over the old version.  I did a full restart and it still worked without opening the plugin window :)  Thank you for the great support and cool product!