Author Topic: Global Cache iTach GC-100  (Read 8680 times)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Global Cache iTach GC-100
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:59:52 AM »
Hi everyone, new to the software and forum so sorry in advance for "dumb\duplicate" questions or if this topic has been covered already (did a very quick search in forum and no threads found)

Before I give my 10 cents worth I also have a quick question. Could I execute .bat files within VC? in background perhaps?

Now for my little stint. I have previously set up a very basic and costly AV control system before I knew anything about VC, VERA and the like. So I have hardware already in use and just figured I have spent money on it (to much  :-\ ) so Im trying to make the best of it.

1) I have an IP Power 9258 (from aviosys I believe) that will be experimented with soon hopefully
2) An iTach (GC-100) unit that I have just finished playing with to issue WiFi 2 IR commands from a windows based PC. Previously I could only use it from my iPod or and Android device using the iRule app (that came at another $50 US) So to safe cost and eliminate the WHAT IF SOMEONE DOESNT HAVE iOS or Android device I fell into the world of API (scary for a first time) So after 5 hours of trial and error a quick POWER NAP and another 20 minutes I do seem to have cracked the code.

Just thought I would put it out there in the VC community just incase someone else has a CG-100 unit and they wish to issue IR commands from their VC\XBMC\HTPC via voice. Well I have the API commands working now its just a matter of getting VC to use my .bat file.

So if there are any forum members with a similar setup potentially please feel free to make contact and Ill be more than happy to share what I have done.

PS - thanks to all VC members and devs who help new people like myself!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Global Cache iTach GC-100
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »
Hi mdsh and welcome in VC-Forum and I hope I can give you some answers to your question.

1. Yes, VoxCommando can open a batch file, there is a command action available.
2. take a look in this video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k-kwIkmPDtI - this video show you a way to using your GlobalCache device very comfortable with VoxCommando.
3. Jitterjames and some other users work with GlobalCache devices together with VoxCommando and I'm not 100% sure but VC has a plugin for the GC stuff (TCP plugin)
4. You can use your Android device with a other fine JitterSoft app, it is called VoxWav http://voxwav.wikispaces.com/VoxWav+Home as a WiFi-Microfon for VoxCommando
5. You can also use iRule together with VoxCommando (sending commands to VC by pressing a button in iRule) - this is a way to have voice feedback with your iRule  ;D  (I use iRule by myself)

Conclusion: Yes, VoxCommando can control/work with your hardware equipment - so I can say - you are here on the right place  ;)
Feel free to let us know if you have more questions or search a way to realize to control a device with VoxCommando  :)

Kalle

@James: Please edit or delete text from this post if anything is wrong   :bonk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:51:07 AM by jitterjames »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:47:54 AM »
Hi mdsh.

Welcome to VoxCommando.  :D

No problem to control either device, and no need for you to use batch files.

As Kalle says, the TCP plugin can be used for the global cache and the IP Power should be very easy to control using http commands.  The action to use for that in VC is called "scrape". You just need to send a simple URL with the IP address of the device and some simple text like

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
http://admin:12345678@192.168.0.50/Set.cmd?CMD=SetPower+P60=1+P61=0...
turns the power on for the first (P60) and fourth (P63) outlets, and turns power off for the second (P61) and third (P62)
outlets. It then returns the power status for each outlet in the following format:
<html>P60=1,P61=0,P62=0,P63=1

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
By the way, the "gc-100" is not the same device as the "itach wifi2ir", but they should both work in a similar manner. I have been using the wifi2ir with good results in VoxCommando.

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:01:36 PM »
Good day guys, thank you both for your fast reply. I am now reading through it and going to get stuck in using your much EASIER WAY James... So thank you. And Kalle thanks for the video link def going to watch that first :)

@ James - thanks for the IP power coed. I am glad to see that it is at least the same as what i used before in iRule. So thanks for the refresher as its been a while since I last looked at it. Must be in my documentation somewhere :) Also after my post I also picked up CG and iTach seems to be different "products" but hopefully they work in a very similar manner. I do believe I have the WiFi2IR device so at least hearing you say you have had good success gives me hope. I feel like Mr Wolf judging by his youtube clips. Some days more so than others in the deep end :) So i have also set out to share as much as I can and help as much as I can should anyone get stuck... but ill have to be quick if i look at yourself and Kalle :)

@ Kalle - Would you mind giving me an example of how you use your iRule. So mine is just set up as a pure remote. I log in to iRule website and create my buttons and IR codes etc, sync my iPod and done. So from what I understood you interface from iRule to your VOX? Do you still log in to the iRule website (aka the $50 lic version) If so I would really like to learn more about how you use it. Seems really interesting and something I have not thought of yet

aAgain thank you both! It is strange to be part of something so cool where people share ideas and ask and answer questions. I promise to try and do the same guys, if i can help or share I will def do so. I think this is a great model to get things out there. Not sure if i have the kahoonas that you and Mr Wolf has to do youtube clips but Ill do my best on the forum and comments on clips as i go along.

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:58:22 AM »
Hi James, not sure if this will help or not but I typed up a few things re the iTach and VC. things I struggled with as well as potential things that might be worth while mentioning. Please see link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mht6oku9s3ifef8/eSkF_ZuEbR/GC%20iTach

Just thought I'd share. Might also be good for MrWolf as he might head over to an iTach unit soon perhaps if I look at the comments :)
Ill update the document some more. Just wanted to see if this type of thing is ok

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:29 AM »
@ Kalle - Would you mind giving me an example of how you use your iRule. So mine is just set up as a pure remote. I log in to iRule website and create my buttons and IR codes etc, sync my iPod and done. So from what I understood you interface from iRule to your VOX? Do you still log in to the iRule website (aka the $50 lic version) If so I would really like to learn more about how you use it. Seems really interesting and something I have not thought of yet

here is a example video in which I use VC for TTS feedback on a iRule remote.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JyM7bLgADU

It is very easy to send commands from your iRule device to VC.

1. select "gateways" on your iRule device (iPod) and add a new Network Gateway, give it a name - as example "UDP" and use following settings - IP address: 192.168.0.255 (the IP address depends on your network, but use as last number sequence 255) - Port: 33000 (this is the port where VC listen as default)

2. In your iRule Builder click on "devices tab" (upper right) and select "Browse devices". In the open window select the "User" tab, then select for type "AUX" and Vendor "Jittersoft" and click "search" and you will find a device "VoxCommando Kalle" - import this device.

[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]

3. In this device you can see some network codes as example - you can delete or edit the codes. To create your own network code do a  right click on "Network Codes" and select "add device code" - after this step you can see on the left side in iRule Builder two fields with properties of the created device code. As example type in the name field PLAY and in the data field tts.speak&&play and save the configuration.
In other words you can type in the data field any action (which is available in the VoxCommando Command Builder) followed by two delimiter (&&) and the parameter which you want to use.

[attachment=3]
[attachment=4]

4. You can drag and drop the created "device code" to any button in iRule, then sync to your iPod - that is all  :D

Press the button which you have assigned with the device code (don't forget, VoxCommando must run on your machine, but it does not matter in which mode is VC (ON/standby/OFF). If you have setup everything correct, VC give a TTS output "play" after pressing the button.

I hope you understand my tutorial (english is not my native language) and let me know if you have any question  ;)

Kalle
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:53:42 AM by Kalle »

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 03:59:06 AM »
WOW!!! that is really clever! I would have never thought of adding VC as a gateway... but seeing you do it on the other hand makes it seem so obvious to try :)
Thank you so much for the time you took to give me such a write-up. Really much appreciated! I will give this a go ASAP!! I am currently just busy porting over all my iRule controls to VC as weel in order to control with voice instead of having to have to reach for my iPod each time! Wrote a small doc on it as per above post and will update as I go along. Think between that and your post there is really a lot on nice content for anyone new just to think about.

Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to write this all up

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 04:39:41 AM »
WOW!!! that is really clever! I would have never thought of adding VC as a gateway... but seeing you do it on the other hand makes it seem so obvious to try :)
Thank you so much for the time you took to give me such a write-up. Really much appreciated! I will give this a go ASAP!! I am currently just busy porting over all my iRule controls to VC as weel in order to control with voice instead of having to have to reach for my iPod each time! Wrote a small doc on it as per above post and will update as I go along. Think between that and your post there is really a lot on nice content for anyone new just to think about.

Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to write this all up
No problem, you are welcome  ;)
James has shown me the way about iRule to VC - and if you have seen the video in my post above, you can also see a animation in iRule can be integrated (with a few tricks), but this is more complecated  ;)

Kalle

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »
 8) yeah saw those super nice animations.. I will owever just et the basics down for now and then maybe later I can get something like that going :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 08:06:25 AM »
here is a example video in which I use VC for TTS feedback on a iRule remote.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JyM7bLgADU

It is very easy to send commands from your iRule device to VC.

I hope you understand my tutorial (english is not my native language) and let me know if you have any question  ;)

Kalle

Thanks Kalle.  This tutorial is really excellent. Thorough and very easy to follow! :-)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
Hi James, not sure if this will help or not but I typed up a few things re the iTach and VC. things I struggled with as well as potential things that might be worth while mentioning. Please see link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mht6oku9s3ifef8/eSkF_ZuEbR/GC%20iTach

Just thought I'd share. Might also be good for MrWolf as he might head over to an iTach unit soon perhaps if I look at the comments :)
Ill update the document some more. Just wanted to see if this type of thing is ok

Thanks mdsh.  This is a good starting point for a wiki page on using the itach.  I would encourage you to link to the resources from the GC website wherever possible. All of these files, and extra information on how to use ilearn and ihelp etc. are on their site.  It is great to put links to all the resources together in one spot though, along with a step by step guide, as you have done.

I don't know why you had to use the compressed format. I thought the regular GC format worked but haven't really tested it because I prefer the shorter one.  I will look into it.  Maybe the other format is too long for the map storage and the end is being cut off?  If that's the case, I should be able to fix it.

BTW you can copy and paste directly from the text files that ilearn created, into the VC map editor.  I will also add the ability to import this type of file, eventually.

Thanks for contributing. :-)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
Hi James, thanks for some tips on the doc. I have updated it a bit with a bit more information and a couple of other links as well.

I suspect that it might be down to the actual length as you stated. I am by no means a programmer but that makes sense to me (somehow) :)
Also something else i point out in the updated doc is the fact that when you copy from iLearn to VC it still uses it in fromat [BUTTON] and in my case at least the [] makes my code not work. Again I presume this changes the actual string that VC wants to execute. Am I right in thinking that.

Also was just wondering if either yourself or Kalle might be able to give a a very good starting point for VC and XBMC. I found an older xml file from you on the forum James for the (honey i'm home...) thing to let VC ask you if you want her to play some music or if NO a movie. Struggling a bit making sense of it and I fear it might be because i need to get a better overview of things. I am familiar with the basics of creating an action and voice command along with that. Thanks in advance to you both

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the updates.  I will look at the document tomorrow. :D

I did some tests and length does not appear to be an issue with the maps. I was able to use the regular GC format (i.e. not compressed) with no problems.  I also did some test on the maps with really long strings and it worked fine.

You are correct about the square brackets.  That confuses VC when it scans for different {} based sequences to replace with values.  I'll have to look at the best way to fix that.

give a very good starting point for VC and XBMC
?

That would be the built-in configuration for XBMC that comes with VC, which you can choose when you first run VC...  I guess I don't understand the question?

As for the interactive stuff with questions and confirmation, you probably need to get a bit more familiar with the program... walk before you can run!

If you want to try you can have a look here:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1117.msg9411#msg9411

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 05:45:16 AM »
As for the interactive stuff with questions and confirmation, you probably need to get a bit more familiar with the program... walk before you can run!

Yeah thats me :P was sort of wondering if there is a particular good wiki or forum page that I could read in order to really wrap my head around the basic to intermediate stuff that you or even Kalle might suggest. some thing are just doing my head in  :bonk   :biglaugh

PS - Also been meaning to ask something else. Does it matter if your media is local or on a NAS as an example. Will XBMC and VC still interface with it in the same way all be it a bit slower perhaps for requests like what song is this or similar.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:59:32 AM by mdsh »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 08:54:43 AM »
Watch tutorial 1a and 1b:

and the fireside chats:

No. The NAS should not make any difference to VC.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:37:26 AM by jitterjames »

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 12:30:13 AM »
Thank you! Enjoy your day