Author Topic: VoxCommando 0.833 MediaMonkey Edition is released:  (Read 15714 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxCommando 0.833 MediaMonkey Edition is released:
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:01:03 PM »
go to the downloads and click the link for the MediaMonkey Edition.

http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp

There you will find the latest version pre-configured to make controlling media monkey very easy.

I have just completed this tutorial which I will also post on the download page.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:04:54 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxCommando 0.833 MediaMonkey Edition is released:
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:37 PM »
If anyone has tried the mediaMonkey version and has positive feedback, maybe you could post here to help get some new users interested:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53204&sid=fe42507f4145995ca3e5f9f927f8e157

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
Done :)

It really works like a charm. Although i have a few items that are missing that would turn a great way of controlling mediamonkey in a near perfect way (in my eyes)

- More basic commands like: Rating songs, shuffle mode, random playlist mode (in the playlist, edit=>randomize list),  continuous, repeat, party mode, visualisation, ...
   Although this can be set by using hotkeys in mediamonkey and sendkeys in voxcommando i think, but that would be less user friendly and more complicated
- As i already suggested before: I have to use applications of VC simultaneously to use a different prefix.
- This is probably difficult to implement, but it would be nice if voxcommando automatically imported the .XML for mediamonkey and xbmc. Or maybe had a voice command to do it :p

There, that's my two cents :)

Keep up the good (hard) work!!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »
thanks.  That's a good list and I'll try to address as much of it as I can.

There is a set rating command already (a very high priority for me!) , but I forgot to include it in the command tree.  You can import the attached xml for that.

It sets ratings from 0 to 100 which is how mediaMonkey stores the ratings.  60 = 3 stars    70 = 3.5 stars     80 = 4 stars, etc.

If you want to be able to rate stuff by stars instead of numbers we can create a payloadXML to accomplish that.  Do you know how to do that?

Also, I'm sure I can add commands to turn on Shuffle etc, but note that you can request your music as a random order list, which I much prefer because it then plays from top to bottom of the playlist without repeating songs the way shuffle does.  I guess it is like your "(in the playlist, edit=>randomize list)" except that it does it as it loads your request.  But I'll still see if I can implement all the other ways of doing it , because someone will always want to do things their own way.  Which is GOOD!

I'm still thinking about your special group prefixes.  At some point I want to create a window popup for editing a whole bunch of group properties and overrides so it will be included in that, but it's a bit of an undertaking.  I am hoping to have lots of free time in November to tackle stuff like this.  I consider it a priority. 

Some of the other stuff I'd like to put in the group settings is :
- auto turn the group on and off when program XYZ is running or not
- auto turn the group on and off when program XYZ is focused or not
- Set a group priority, so if two commands show up as alternates, the one in the higher priority group will get executed.
- Group Prefix... of course
I am sure there is some other stuff that will come to me but I forget at the moment.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:28:51 AM »
All right, great, thanks!

Also, I've noticed that the MM version doesn't work on my (win 7) laptop (I've downloaded it straight from the site, w/o my desktop configuration). By not working I mean it doesn't collect the mediamonkey data when i click generate all data (yes, mediamonkey was running).
The only thing i can think of is that you set the pad to mediamonkey to work for 64bit processors (in the x86 pad) and not for 32 bit? But that's just me guessing

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »
both VC and the MM access work fine on both 32 and 64 bit machines.  The problem is most likely caused by MediaMonkey and their com api not being registered properly.  It used to be that you needed to install mediamonkey as adminsitrator, but now I think you may be able to fix the problem simply by running MediaMonkey as administrator at least once.  Give that a try and see if it helps.  I don't think you need to run as admin every time, just once to register the MM com components.

I would expect that if the GenXML for mediamonkey is not working, then none of the mediamonkey commands should work.  If that is not the case, then I am confused. :-\

Please advise if it works, or if you needed to do anything else to get it to work, and I'll add it to the install instructions on the download page.

Thanks Painy
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:23:13 AM by jitterjames »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
GENXML for mediamonkey is working here, no problem, win 7 64 bits.
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 02:26:35 PM »
That did the trick!!

Thanks (again) :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
great.  So I'm going to include the following in the directions.  Can you confirm that this sounds like the correct procedure.

In order to connect to MediaMonkey using VoxCommando, the MM com api needs to be registered.  If you have any problems connecting try the following procedure.  You should only need to perform this procedure once.

- Right-Click MediaMonkey.exe (or a shortcut to it) and choose "run as Administrator".
- Close MediaMonkey and restart it normally.

(don't know if step 2 is required)

thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:15:03 PM by jitterjames »

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 05:39:10 AM »
That sounds about right

And i'm pretty sure i didn't have to restart mediamonkey after running it as administrator :)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 06:21:44 AM »
Hi JJ,

it is important to start MediaMonkey as an administrator, otherwise it does not work with VC.
MediaMonkey is to play music better than WMC. I had already given up with MediaMonkey, thanks for the note.

Greetings Kalle

(I translated this text with google, and hope you can understand it. Will try to learn better English next time ;-))
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
If I understand it correctly, you only need to run MediaMonkey as administrator once.  After doing that, you should be able to run MediaMonkey normally and VC will still be able to connect.  Is that correct?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
Yes, it is correct. I tested on two Systems (Desktop and Notebook), and it's the same, you must start MM as Admin, otherwise you have many trouble with your system!

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:04:01 PM by Kalle »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 11:54:03 AM »
Hier ein kleines Gimmick (funny tool) für VC.

Mit diesem Vbs-Script wird die Zeit angesagt (stand hier irgendwo im Forum und funktioniert), einfach den Scripttext kopieren und in Editor (Notepad) einfügen. Dann mit der Endung vbs im VC Ordner abspeichern (z.B. "time.vbs" "date.vbs").
Jetzt im VC-Command- Editor eine neue Gruppe erstellen und hier einen launchRawParameter einfügen mit dem Pfad auf die Datei. Die Zeit wir immer (und das ist lustig) in der installierten Systemsprache angesagt, egal was Du in VC für eine Sprache angegeben hast.
Aus diesem Script habe ich auch gleich noch einen für das Datum gemacht (google sei es gedankt) im Anhang sind die beiden VBS-Scripts und ein Bild vom VC-Command-Editor.

Script 1 (time) in German:

Dim sapi,ttsmeassage
set sapi = CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")

ttsmessage = "es ist jetzt: " & hour(now) & " Uhr " & minute(now)

sapi.Speak ttsmessage

Script 2 (date) in German:

Dim sapi,ttsmeassage
set sapi = CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")

ttsmessage = "wir haben heute deen: " & day(now) & " " & month(now) & "denn  " & year(now)

sapi.Speak ttsmessage

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:37:20 AM by Kalle »

shamans

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
There is a set rating command already (a very high priority for me!) , but I forgot to include it in the command tree.  You can import the attached xml for that.

It sets ratings from 0 to 100 which is how mediaMonkey stores the ratings.  60 = 3 stars    70 = 3.5 stars     80 = 4 stars, etc.

If you want to be able to rate stuff by stars instead of numbers we can create a payloadXML to accomplish that.  Do you know how to do that?

The set rating command doesn't work properly for me.

Here's what happens:
1) I set the rating
2) I have to move on to the next song before I can see the rating (I don't see it being set right away). This doesn't happen when I set the rating via Eventghost.
3) As soon as I reload the playlist 2 or 3 times, the rating disappears in Media Monkey - it doesn't seem permanent. This doesn't happen when I set the rating via Eventghost.

I've only used voxcommando for about 1 day.

This info might help:
        <command name="Set Rating" enabled="true" confirm="False" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0">
            <action>
                <cmdType>MM.SetRating</cmdType>
                <cmdString>{1}0</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <phrase>Rate</phrase>
            <payloadRange>1,10</payloadRange>
        </command>

Also is it possible to get a copy of your voicecommands.xml that you personally use?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:00:40 PM by shamans »