Author Topic: (outdated thread) Better control of XBMC with 0.821  (Read 34007 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Better control of XBMC with 0.821
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »
Those sound like very good additions, would you be willing to put them all into a group and then export it (right-click the group to export) and then upload here so that we can import it to our command trees easily?

I will add XBMC Genre to GenXML.  In the mean time you can always use a payloadList with your favourite genres entered by hand.

I actually need to get more organized and create some kind of feature request page, because I am forgetting the ones that I don't get to right away!  I wonder if there is something ready-made for dealing with this?  I have seen it on other "bigger" project sites like xbmc.

I think there may be a minimize command under execbuiltin...  or you could use sendinput to send a keyboard backslash \ if you are running VC and XBMC on the same computer.  If not you may still be able to use an http method of sendkeys.  You just need to figure out the key code...

its something like SendKey(0xF0##)

where ## = ascii keycode.

abom

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
Haven't been on the forum recently.

Here are the command's I added and find useful myself.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
thanks, I'll add these to the next xbmc package.

painy

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:44 PM »
Found a small 'bug'

Say you pause a video in XBMC and it goes into 'power saving' mode after a couple of minutes of not doing anything (xbmc fades out the brightniess with like 50% and the screen becomes much darker).
When you give XBMC the 'play' command with VOX, the video starts playing in power saving mode (with a much darker picture) and you have to move your mouse or press a keyboard botton for it to become active again

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
Found a small 'bug'

Say you pause a video in XBMC and it goes into 'power saving' mode after a couple of minutes of not doing anything (xbmc fades out the brightniess with like 50% and the screen becomes much darker).
When you give XBMC the 'play' command with VOX, the video starts playing in power saving mode (with a much darker picture) and you have to move your mouse or press a keyboard botton for it to become active again

That sounds more like a bug in XBMC.  I think you are referring to the screensaver "dim" feature in xbmc.
Others have had this problem when not using VoxCommando:  http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=564448

Try changing your screen-saver options in XBMC.  Or maybe you can undim it with a sendkeys command, or using mouse emulation.