Author Topic: General help setting up  (Read 10084 times)

Badgertronic

• View Profile
Re: General help setting up
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
It's a bit odd. vc connects to xbmc fine when laptop connected to network. Turn network off and start the programs and it doesn't connect. The strange thing is that you can turn the network on, start programs then disconnect from the network and xbmc continues to recieve commands? I've queried it on the xbmc forum so we'll see.

oh well.

On a different note the commands "fast forward" and "rewind" don't seem to do anything?

Once again great program!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
what if the network is "on" but you are just not connected to any networks?  If you haven't already tried this then do so, I think it will most likely work.

Yes there is a problem with those commands.  I think there is a way to get it to work, either with a different http command or by using keyboard emulation, but I can't remember and I'm not going to be available too much for the next few days because I'm travelling.

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
Ok solved. Windows 7 needs a loopback adaptor installing to allow connection to the local host.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »
That sounds reasonable.  Please provide details for posterity.  Is that a software solution or is this loop-back adapter a physical device?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 11:13:27 PM »
OK it seems like a software solution.  The following link seems to offer a decent guide for doing it on Windows 7:

http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/how-to-install-a-loopback-adapter-in-windows-7/

I don't know if Vista would require a different technique.

Badgertronic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
Sorry, I hadn't visited for a few days and you beat me to it! Thanks again for the great software. I now have a basic rig for the car. Xbmc and vc running. Laptop hooked into auxiliary input on stereo. Mic on the laptop, and "sidemonitor" running on the iPhone connected via adhoc. Sidemonitor let's your iPhone/iPod function as an external monitor. Too laggy for video but works perfectly as a "now playing" for audio. Needs tidying up but the basic principles are sound.