Author Topic: XBMC Commands  (Read 45174 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XBMC Commands
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
OK, so they are just changing Videolibrary to Videos.  That seems kind of silly, but it will be easy enough for us to adjust when the time comes.

Do you know if there will be some overlap, where both commands work?

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
James,

I don´t know, i changed for this new way in vox, because I install Eden in my HTPC computer, win7 64 bits, and work fine, but tomorrow,
I will test and let you know if both are working, or just the new way, which I know is that the confluence (skin default) modified version
activewindows for this new way in Eden Version XBMC.

In my other computer run win XP, not running vox off course, only used for test XBMC 10.1 and new version skin.aeonmq2 - version 2.8.0,
in progress now.

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
OK, let us know.  Thanks W.

by the way, can you recommend a stable version of Eden to try?  Maybe I will put it on my office computer to experiment.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
James,

Use this release for EDEN, it´s last ok for use with skin aeonmq2, others 4 news releases after this, broken use skin, in special use submenus, I believe changed in activewindows is responsible for this broken.
Marcos was to check, I think tomorrow I'll know what I can do, other skins do not have this problem with newer versions, the problem of skin from Marcos, is that the menu is extremely customizable, and with the changes, we need to redo certain areas to make it compatible. Just remember that the new version adds and changes to the database of XBMC, then return to version 10.1, only recommend a backup prior to all data in the XBMC directory before install Eden.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/xbmc-r1d845da-master.exe  release 03/19/2011.

If you do not like you can delete everything and install again to 10.1, and use your backup to have your data intact again.

Wanilton
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:13:43 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
Hey guys - my post earlier is pretty much finished - thanks for all of your help!

The only one that I wasn't able to finish was the short artist one - this is what I cobbled together working off of yours - jitterjames.

For some reason it wasn't working (maybe my ridiculously large collection again?).

Anyway - if a fresh pair of eyes could give it a look-over?

Thanks either way!

(Basically, just want to show all songs from a particular artist - without playing them)

<command id="257" name="Find Music Artist" enabled="true" confirm="False" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Send</cmdType>
                <cmdString>execbuiltin(ActivateWindow(musiclibrary,artists))</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Filter</cmdType>
                <cmdString>{1}</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Send</cmdType>
                <cmdString>action(2)</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <phrase optional="true">find, show</phrase>
            <phrase>artist</phrase>
            <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="true">xbmcArtists.xml</payloadFromXML>
        </command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »
perhaps you can explain in a bit more detail what you mean by "it wasn't working"

it looks more or less correct.  be careful that your phrasing doesn't overlap with your regular play artist command.  You might want to try something very different like "show songs by" ...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
this is actually a good opportunity to use the new logic in the command buider.  Because you have so many artists, you don't want to have multiple commands using the artist xml payloads because this is a big waste of resources and increases load time.

instead you could create a phrase like this

payload list:  "play, show"
phrase: artist
Payload xml: xbmcartist.xml

so payload 2 would contain your artist name and payload 1 would tell us what you want to do with the artist.  Then we create an if like this:

if {1}==show
-then --run the macro which finds artists
-else --queue the artist to the music playlist

Another thing we could do, if you use the same list of artists for both mediaMonkey and XBMC:  You could use a single 'play artist command' and then detect if XBMC has focus.  If it does, send the play command to xbmc, otherwise send it to MediaMonkey

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »
I'm just not seeing where to put the logic in?  Do I put it into the voxcommando.xml itself or via the command builder? 

Sorry - I've googled the heck out of it, read over the wiki, etc. just not seeing it.  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 04:10:01 AM »
I'm just not seeing where to put the logic in?  Do I put it into the voxcommando.xml itself or via the command builder?  

Sorry - I've googled the heck out of it, read over the wiki, etc. just not seeing it.  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).
Hi,
the logic is in commanndbuilder, doubleclick on a command.
Can you describe more precisely what is not working in MediaMonkey, commands or whatever?

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:15:04 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:31 AM »
Hi Kalle -

Oy!!!!!  Just saw the new builder picture you have there.  Googled LCB and voxcommando, and got the answer I was looking for - thank you!

I am feeling adventurous, so will be hopping over to .882

Thanks a million!

(BTW, I'm updating my huge post farther up in this as I've thrown in more essential XBMC commands.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:28:39 AM by stepppedup »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 04:25:51 AM »
Hi Kalle -

Sure it's for XBMC, specifically to Show music from xyz artist....  (not play - just show, so that additional songs can be queued without messing up current songs). 

I really like JitterJames's suggestion just above my post:

so payload 2 would contain your artist name and payload 1 would tell us what you want to do with the artist.  Then we create an if like this:

if {1}==show
-then --run the macro which finds artists
-else --queue the artist to the music playlist

But - I don't see where I would put the "If...Then" statement into Command builder?  Or VoxCommando.xml?

Is there an example somewhere? 

Thanks a million!
Have you found the logic command builder? There you can enter everything exactly as you described it.

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 04:29:31 AM »
Yep - thanks to the LCB label on your screenshot - thank you!!!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:38 AM »
Yep - thanks to the LCB label on your screenshot - thank you!!!
Have fun  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
...  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).
I use mediaMonkey and XBMC and they both access the same music folders.  I manage my music using MediaMonkey.  All changes get saved to the files tags which is reflected in XBMC.  So if you wanted to use mediaMonkey for yourself, your wife could still have full access via xbmc.  I'm not saying that you should do this, just that you could.  XBMC is fine for accessing music, but it doesn't really provide any tools for managing it.  Even rating a song in XBMC is a chore as I recall.

In my case, I also only listen to music via MediaMonkey because XBMC's GUI still cranks one of my cpu cores up to 100% and I don't like the idea of wasting electricity and creating heat if I don't have to.  Also, VC has better access and control over music via MM. Really when it comes to just music, nothing beats the Monkey.  Wait, that doesn't sound right...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:48:08 AM by jitterjames »

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
Lol - no monkeys were harmed during the making of these vox commando commands....

Thanks a million for your help Jitter james, Kalle, and Wanilton.

I just updated my beast of a post with the last of my current 'had to haves'....I finally got it all worked out in .875(b), as I just didn't want to run into any bugs that might really throw my learning curve off.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=412.msg3041#msg3041

Namely:
"Play your particular playlist - or your girlfriend's.  Command - {Your Name/ Girlfriend's Name} Playlist

Add any currently playing mp3 to a playlist for any number of people.  The idea behind this is you can just have music playing, and suddenly realize that you really like a particular song.  Command:   Add {Name}"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:05:23 PM by Wanilton »