Author Topic: Audio.Play parameter not working for me  (Read 2686 times)

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Audio.Play parameter not working for me
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:59:21 PM »
Hi, I'm having an issue using either Audio.Play or Audio.SetOutputNum to play a .WAV file over a non default USB speaker.  I do have the Audio plugin installed and it is set to use my system default audio device (HDMI). 

The name of the audio device I put in the Audio.Play parameter is "Speaker (USB Audio  )" I also tried just "Speaker".  With Audio.SetOutputNum I tried numbers 1-5 and tried using Sound.PlayWav or Audio.Play just below it.  I get no audio from the USB speaker but no matter what number I put I get the audio from the default device. 

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong??

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Audio.Play parameter not working for me
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 07:54:58 AM »
There might be a problem with the plugin.

What version of Windows are you using?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »
Version 2.2.2.1 includes some bug fixes to the Audio plugin.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:57:06 PM »
Hi, sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't see the notification and I just encountered the same problem again (still). 

I read in another thread that the audio plugin was broken.  Is that still the case with 2.2.2.9?  Is it possibly fixed in the beta?

Thanks!

Edit: Windows 7

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
As far as I know it was fixed in version 2.2.2.1 and should work in every version since then.

I just tested it in 2.2.3.2 and it works.  I tested using a name (not a number) and I'm on Win7x64

You did not tell us what version you are using.

If you are using one of the versions currently available on our download page and it does not appear to work for you then maybe it would be a good idea to post both the command xml that you are trying to use and a log.

I don't have a Bluetooth speaker on this machine but if it appears as a normal Windows output then I can't think why it would make much of a difference.

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
Thanks for the fast response :)

I'm using v. 2.2.2.9 and it's a USB speaker, not bluetooth actally.  I tried both by number (had to guess the numbers) and by name but the name (when I copy it from the Audio Plugin preferences drop-down) contains a lot of extra spaces, including trailing ones, so I thought that may have been the problem.  The USB speaker, however, does not have a number assigned to it in the Audio Plugin's preferences or in Windows 7's "Playback Devices" details.  Some audio outputs do (like my receiver) but the USB Speaker (and others) have no number next to it.  So that may be an issue too?

No matter what I set it to (name or number), the audio goes to my receiver over HDMI.  If the output name/number specified is wrong, is the audio supposed to revert back to the default windows output device (or the one specified in the Audio Plugin's dialogue)?

Another thing I noticed was that in the Audio Plugin's drop down, if I select the USB speaker as the default, all sounds still only go out over HDMI to my receiver.  I believe that should force streaming audio through Vox to also use the USB speaker, not my HDMI.  Am I correct? 

Edit:  this was using PlayWav.  I'm trying Audio.Play now but getting no sound at all as of yet using that.  It is a WAV file, by the way
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:52:32 PM by monkee »

monkee

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
It works.  It was apparently user error :)

I used Audio.Play with the copy/pasted name and we're all good!  Thank you or your time and help!!