Author Topic: Need help with getting status from surround receiver with RS232  (Read 8830 times)

connectedhome

• View Profile
    • Connected Home Inc.
Re: Need help with getting status from surround receiver with RS232
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
James,
I'll give that a try as soon as I get home.  In the meantime, after further investigation, I am not sure that it is my receiver that is producing multiple results when I send a status request of volume.  If I turn on the option to generate events received from the serial port, and send ?V\r, I get the one response that I am expecting, a single line respone, something similar to VOL088.  However, If I turn off the option to generate events, send ?V\r, use Read data, and then print rg.results, I get something along the lines of:

VOL088
VOL088
VOL072
(blank)

I have no clue why these two results would different, but they certianly seem to be.  I understand I might need to ask about this over on the eventghost forums, but I was wondering if you might have any ideas?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »
I might be able to figure it out if you sent me your complete eventGhost xml file.  But without being able to play with it, I might not.

Does it matter ?  I mean, if it works the way you want it to, then I guess it doesn't.

When you request volume, does it come back directly in {eg.result} or do you have to wait for the answer to come back in the form of an event?

connectedhome

• View Profile
    • Connected Home Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
I'll send you the eventghost file when I get home.  The reason I need to figure it out is it seems to almost be keeping a short history of the volume status.  This means that the volume status used may not be the last volume state.  You may have a hard time testing it with just the file without having the equipment connected.  I'll send it and see if you can figure it out, but otherwise, if your offer to log in with teamviewer is still on the table, I may have to take you up on that.

Thanks man

connectedhome

• View Profile
    • Connected Home Inc.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »

When you request volume, does it come back directly in {eg.result} or do you have to wait for the answer to come back in the form of an event?

Realized I didn't answer your question.  The response if using Read data comes back directly in eg.result.  If I turn on generate events on incoming from the serial port, it does come back as a event.