Author Topic: Noob looking for basic Windows navigation  (Read 3827 times)

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Noob looking for basic Windows navigation
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 11:10:59 PM »
K, well I have a problem then as when I copy any file from the payload directory & paste onto the command tree I get Empty XML dialogue. Looking at the XML in something else it is not empty.
I'll un-install & re-install on a different drive...
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 11:22:33 PM »
You should not be dragging and dropping or copying payloadXML files into your tree ever.  Don't confuse payloadXML with command xml files.

In any case, you can't copy a file and then paste it into a program.  Windows does not work that way.

In this particular thread, the commands we gave you were xml commands in text form in black code boxes just like the commands that you posted here in black code boxes.  These commands can be selected, copied and then pasted into your tree.  There are no files involved in this process.  I believe that you have already been provided with the following link but i think you should read it again: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »
give this file a try,

step 1.) Download the file below

step 2.) make sure Voxcommando is running then select edit to open the command tree

step 3.) open your download folder and click and drag the downloaded file on to your Voxcommando Command tree
(VcGroup_Keyboard Emulation (local PC only).xml)

step 4.) click the x on the command tree and click "Save Changes"

step 5.) click the empty box next to the word history on the Voxcommando main window ( this will open the history window so you can see what is happening in Voxcommando)

step 6.) say "move right 5" (your history window should show the same action 5 times)

|                                |   
 \ / download this file \ /

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 08:27:35 PM »
Anyway it seems I may have an issue with VC or Win 10 as it won't allow me to drag & drop xml files on it, which could be causing my problems??

Windows will sometimes prevent you from dragging files onto a program that has elevated (administrative) privileges.   It will depend on which version of Windows you are using and whether or not you have UAC enabled.

Usually there is no reason why you need to run VoxCommando as administrator so I don't recommend doing that without a good reason.  Disabling UAC can often help things to run more smoothly but again, it is usually not necessary.  It depends what you are trying to do and what you are doing with other programs that VC is trying to talk to.

In general Windows won't allow any program to talk to (and potentiall control) another program that is at a higher privilege level.  That's why you can't drag files onto VC when running as administrator because Windows file explorer is running at a lower level than VC and therefore can't talk to it.

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 12:45:14 AM »
Wanted to update this topic to say it was me not realizing that even though there all xml files some you can drag, some you can't.
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!