Author Topic: UDPSender on Android works sometimes, but not always  (Read 1119 times)

werethless12

• View Profile
UDPSender on Android works sometimes, but not always
« on: January 24, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »
I made a scene within Tasker to send UDP commands to VC to control my LED lights. For some reason when I don't use Tasker it works fine, but when I try to use the scene that I made, nothing works, no UDP traffic at all coming from my phone.

But! I have another profile in Tasker setup to turn on my lights when my alarm goes off and that works fine.

Any clue what the issue might be? Thanks.

PS, if this in the wrong board, feel free to move it.

PPS, if I need to send some screenshots, let me know.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: UDPSender on Android works sometimes, but not always
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:40:37 PM »
It sounds like it is pretty clear that the problem is either with Tasker or with the UDP sender plugin for Tasker.  The correct place to seek help is probably from the creators of Tasker or UDP sender.

I believe I had a similar problem sending UDP from Tasker where it seemed to work fine on my phone but not on my Tablet.  I didn't give it much thought though since I don't really use Tasker and was just trying an experiment at the time.

I suggest you seek help with Tasker on the Tasker forums.  Maybe someone there will have something to say, or maybe another user on this forum will know something.

If you can't figure it out you can always switch to using the simple web server in the TCP plugin for VoxCommando and receive data from Tasker that way.  It eliminates the extra variable of the UDP Sender plugin.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Using_Tasker_with_VoxCommando#Other_Methods_to_Send_Notifications.2FData_from_Tasker_to_VC