Author Topic: Anyone Know if/how X10 Remote Can Generate Event?  (Read 1288 times)

RickyD333

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Anyone Know if/how X10 Remote Can Generate Event?
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »
I've been trying to solve an issue in my house concerning the light switches. I don't have a neutral wire running through my light switches, so I can't use the available smart switches/outlets that are available. I have several X10 modules and the USB transceiver so I can have them communicate with Vox, however when I push the on/off button on the X10 remote it seems that an event is not generated. I was hoping it would because I could then use that event to activate my Hue light on/off command, which would enable me to turn on my lights via voice without latency (using voice commands on the X10 has latency issues) AND I could still use a physical button on the wall (although there is still latency with that, it's better than nothing).

If anyone else has another workaround, I would love to hear it :)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Know if/how X10 Remote Can Generate Event?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
i think you need the cm15a x10 base to do what you are wanting with your x10 modules.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Anyone Know if/how X10 Remote Can Generate Event?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Sorry, I missed this post somehow, and now it is somewhat old so I don't know if it is still an issue.

If you have the correct type of X10 USB module (CM15A works and maybe others too but I don't know) connected to your PC and you enable the X10 plugin for VC and the Active home SDK is installed as per our Wiki page for X10 then yes, you should be seeing events automatically for both RF and PLC commands.  Then you can use these events as any others to trigger commands.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=X10