Author Topic: Dictation  (Read 2579 times)

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Dictation
« on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
So expanding some of the functionality of my VC, I came upon the Wikipedia and Our Groceries threads.  I'm currently using SP version of VC because I am using a bluetooth headset.  But I know there's no dictation function with SP.  Is there a workaround for either of these functions or is the best way to just install a second instance of VC?  Thanks for the advice.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Dictation
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:23:59 PM »
There is no workaround and if you are using a Bluetooth headset, then the dictation results you get in the regular version of VoxCommando will probably be quite poor.  If however you find that dictation actually works well with your headset, then you might as well just switch to using the regular version of VoxCommando for everything.

Hiryu

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
Thanks jitterjames

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
In some cases you could "work around" a bit it by using a payloadXML instead of dictation but this is not a real work around because you need to have all possible phrases in your payloadXML.  If you wanted to do IMDB lookups of movies though (for example) you could do this using either your payloadXML from your XBMC (or similar) movie library, or possibly create one by scraping a list of popular current releases etc. but you won't be able to do it for all possible movies and you certainly won't be able to do it for general web searches.