Author Topic: CM19A RF vs. PLC  (Read 1120 times)

David Mark

• Special
    • View Profile
CM19A RF vs. PLC
« on: December 18, 2014, 10:46:39 AM »
Been about a decade since I've dealt with the ActiveHome Pro SDK (CM19A/CM15A), but don't recall it having any ambiguity with RF vs. PLC. It's one of the most important distinctions for a usable, non-trivial HA setup.

What I see in the VC log with a CM19A indicates both RF and PLC, which is *impossible* with a CM19A. Also don't see commands from the large security remote (keyfob and camera remotes work fine). Don't remember having such an issue with the SDK, but I could be mistaken on that.

It's also strange that it only offers a PLC Send command (may be an SDK issue, but I don't think so). The send does work; but it obviously can't be sent through the PLC (CM19A is RF only).

Will have to hook up the CM15A to see if it works any differently. IIRC, I could send both RF and PLC command through that one (hopefully this thing will realize that). Could even send the RF-only commands (e.g. Ninja cameras) through the CM15A. It's all easily demonstrable from the command line. That's all this thing is doing as it is the only way to communicate with ActiveHome Pro.

David Mark

• Special
    • View Profile
Re: CM19A RF vs. PLC
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »
Been about a decade since I've dealt with the ActiveHome Pro SDK (CM19A/CM15A), but don't recall it having any ambiguity with RF vs. PLC. It's one of the most important distinctions for a usable, non-trivial HA setup.

What I see in the VC log with a CM19A indicates both RF and PLC, which is *impossible* with a CM19A. Also don't see commands from the large security remote (keyfob and camera remotes work fine). Don't remember having such an issue with the SDK, but I could be mistaken on that.

It's also strange that it only offers a PLC Send command (may be an SDK issue, but I don't think so). The send does work; but it obviously can't be sent through the PLC (CM19A is RF only).

Will have to hook up the CM15A to see if it works any differently. IIRC, I could send both RF and PLC command through that one (hopefully this thing will realize that). Could even send the RF-only commands (e.g. Ninja cameras) through the CM15A. It's all easily demonstrable from the command line. That's all this thing is doing as it is the only way to communicate with ActiveHome Pro.

Actually, after digging up an old VB application, it appears there is some rudimentary ActiveX interface for AHP, but it offers nothing more than can be done from the command line (at least for sending commands). Obviously, that's what VC is using, so not sure how this is getting screwed up. Maybe the CM19A has an issue with the SDK (seems highly unlikely) as I mostly used the CM15A with the application. Will see with CM15A...