Author Topic: MB3 Clients  (Read 1933 times)

lja

• View Profile
MB3 Clients
« on: February 04, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
@jitterjames

V2.138

Where would you prefer comments, questions here or on the MB3 forum?

Here are some initial findings:

Setup went well. However after closing the dashboard and using the launch command, the following was received:
"This webpage is not available"
I do not use the port 8096 which is used in the launch command and changed it to that which I am using.

Using the dashboard or MB Theater, intros play before the movie. However not with MB Classic

I did not see a command to close the clients. I have been able to set one for MB classic.

Continuing to explore.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: MB3 Clients
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
Where would you prefer comments, questions here or on the MB3 forum?
Probably here since then we will be able to maintain proper threads for different issues.

Setup went well. However after closing the dashboard and using the launch command, the following was received:
"This webpage is not available"
You need to edit the launch command to use the correct URL for your server.  The one that is there is just a sample that works on my server, so unless your MB server is running on a machine named MSI you'll need to edit more than just the port.

Using the dashboard or MB Theater, intros play before the movie. However not with MB Classic
I have no experience with intros but I assume that is something you should mention to the MB Classic team.  If you can explain to me how to play intros I can experiment with it.

I did not see a command to close the clients. I have been able to set one for MB classic.
You'll have to make your own using available VC actions.  In the case of Dashboard it is not really possible since it is running in your web browser and you'd have to close the entire browser.  "Close" is not an action that is supported by the MB client API.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:49:21 AM by nime5ter »

lja

• View Profile
Re: MB3 Clients
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
@jitterjames

Thanks. All's well. I will post re intros on the MB3 forum as ebr (developer) will be better at explaining how it works.