Author Topic: Start with windows (minimised)  (Read 5344 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Start with windows (minimised)
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:57 AM »
Is it possible to get vox to start minimised when using the start with windows option?

When I boot up, XBMC loads before vox so vox always pops up in front of xbmc, xbmc has no option for always on top like MP does.

I've tried alwaysontop in xbmc advancedsettings.xml which didn't work (doesn't on x64 systems)
tried using start minimised in the shortcut properties of vox but still starts maximised on top of xbmc.

Only option I can think of now is installing start up delay software so vox starts before xbmc but don't really want to go down that route if i don't have to.

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Start with windows (minimised)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
one solution I can think of is to use the VC.Loaded event to start XBMC and then remove XBMC from your startup programs.

you could also use this event to minimize VC.

another option is to create a link to Voxcommando in your startup folder (instead of using VC option menu to start with windows) and use the shortcut properties to specify that VC should start minimized.  You can do this with ANY program in windows.  

you just need to put the shortcut into the correct folder.  Something like:

C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:56:41 PM by jitterjames »