Author Topic: Vox and Foobar2000  (Read 3846 times)

brandon13

• View Profile
Vox and Foobar2000
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:51:20 PM »
Have you thought about Foobar?

I know a lot of people use Foobar2000 for its ability to playback bit perfect audio using Wasapi or Asio.

There may be an HTTP control similar to what is used for controlling WMC as I have found a download for one and documentation on another one.

If you would like I can post links to what I have found.

Also, I know there are some keyboard shortcuts for Foobar2000 to control play, pause etc. so there is already the ability to control basic functions.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Vox and Foobar2000
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »
I've heard of foobar but never tried it.  I am a mediaMonkey lover through and through, and more concerned with managing my music well that with audio perfection.

If you find any information on an html interface, please post them and I'll consider adding something.  If there are keyboard shortcuts that you can use then you might be able to rig something with VoxCommando's sendkeys or inputkeys commands.

Also, I think that eventGhost has a plugin for foobar, and since Vox can easily send commands to eventGhost, that might be your best options.  When I first created VoxCommando, it worked exclusively though eventGhost, and I still do most of my stuff though eventGhost.  I have been trying to expand the direct connection to other software partly to make life easier for new users, or people who don't feel comfortable messing around with a lot of settings and configuration with multiple programs, and also to get better control over programs and access to media library information, like in WMC or XBMC.

I suspect though from looking at the commands available in the EventGhost-foobar plugin that foobar can only be contorlled via "sendmessage" commands in windows, which means it can only do limited stuff like, pause, play, volume, etc. and does not allow you do queue specific artists or albums etc.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Vox and Foobar2000
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »
Hey Brandon,

Did you ever rig something up for foobar?

Just curious...