Author Topic: Out of index error  (Read 4893 times)

bkboudreau

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Out of index error
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
Here's what I see.

Thanks again,
Brad

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
that's a problem.  there should be something between <field> and </field>

anyone else tried this?  It works for me.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 11:41:25 PM »
what version of xbmc are you using?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »
Hi brad, click in VC to edit, and then you can see the command edit window. On upper right click on "open a xml.bin" icon and browse to your downloaded xbmc-file and click open. Drag and drop the showing group to the left (commandtree), click in the upper left on "save all" and restart VC.

Kalle

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:50 AM »

Aaaahhhhh  :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk :bonk
thats the easy way :D

Thanks Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »
I tested the xml that I uploaded yesterday on XBMC 10.1 and it didn't work.  It seems that the database has changed so I adjusted the command to work with version 10.1

Make sure to remove the old version of the command since it uses the same phrases and you won't know which one gets executed.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:13:44 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »
OK.  The xml in the previous post should work on 10.1 or on more recent builds (nightlies) of XBMC !

bkboudreau

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
It appears to work.  I ran into a couple issues where my HTPC (or receiver) decided to ignore the audio on the HDMI which is never helpful with testing.  The first time I tried this the video played without audio (due to issue in my previous sentence).. after a reboot and receiver power cycle I issued the command and this time I got the same error I had witnessed in the earlier version of the command.  The odd part was that when I tried to manually play a video from XBMC it would either ignore me or throw the error I posted about earlier.  I noticed that when I manually tried to run a video in XBMC, VC would log the attempt and then immediately log a playback stop.

Once I restarted both VC and XBMC everything looks like it is working perfectly.  If I happen to see the odd behaviour again I will try to capture everything in case you want to see it.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
depending on your audio setup, you might want to avoid using the TTS in this command right before launching video in case it is causing your receiver to switch modes suddenly or creating some other conflict.  Otherwise, the problems you are having probably have nothing to do with VoxCommando.  I never had any problems when my setup was all analog, but with my digital receiver whenever it goes into a full digital mode (e.g. DTS)  there are some complications with sound and TTS.

I can't use TTS when watching a movie with DTS sound, but it is fine with stereo music playing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
Now you've got me interested in setting up a nice music video collection.  My problem though is that I can't figure out a way to display Music Video thumbs in a nice way.

I'm using MQ2 and MQ3 and the thumbs are begin generated from wide screen shots and then displayed in a vertial (portrait) format.

Does anyone have suggestions for this?  I have tried all the view settings in MQ skin and no matter which one I choose it seems to always assume the thumbnail will be in portrait mode, like a DVD cover.  I would like to be able to view the thumbs in a format similar to the way TV episode previews are shown. (4:3 or 16:9 images)